Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2006, 04:07 PM

Default Turned a full house, but I never raise

My first hand at the table. Thoughts?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 04-01-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Turned a full house, but I never raise

I would be tempted to fold the turn when MP3 pops it. Obviously it is a choice between calling down or folding. Meh I dunno so tough to say what is correct. His play just reeks of the top full.

The rest of the hand is good. The 1st turn call is perfect IMO. I guess there could be a case for betting the flop but that is a complex topic.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:21 PM

I fold the turn the 2nd time: you're spending 2BB's and hoping for a lucky 6BB chop.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turned a full house, but I never raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have, either. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As many have suggested, folding the turn the 2nd time is prolly a pretty good idea without a read on MP3 only getting 11:2 to call down.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:21 PM

*Grucnh*

I guess the decision point here is after SB bets the turn. Calling here does not give any information whether anyone is holding a T. Raise the turn after SB bets and call down if it's 1 bet to you. If you get called, lead the river if checked to, unless, of course, a T falls.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:33 PM

I'm contemplating raising the turn, here are my thoughts. Comment as you see fit.

Raising will likely fold out the rest of the field, but....
If there was a slowplayed T, we're screwed and likely it will be 3-bet.

Since you didn't, I can't complain with calling the raise since you're last to act and it will be heads up. Calling the raise certainly ties you in for the SD, so river is fine.

I guess the problem is MP3 likes his hand enough to raise here and you're screwed against a T, chopping with a 6 and beating everything else. With no reads I guess I play the same.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:35 PM

Shill, I thought about betting the flop, but then the idea of a Check-Raise came upon me. Since CO Raised PF, I think a CR may be a very strong play. Thoughts?