Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 08:16 PM

Default 10/20 oh boy I sure do love KK vs AA

I'm having a lot of difficulty playing KK recently when I'm not the last aggressor preflop. If I openraise KK and get 2-3 callers and then a reraiser, I am not terribly happy. Likewise if there is an openraise and a reraise in front of me. If I open it and someone reraises I don't have too much difficulty, but when there's multiway action, I think I may fear AA more than is warranted. If most of you guys are telling the truth about your play, you almost never worry about KK vs AA. I worry about it a lot, but just follow the advice from this board and rarely fold, except for that hand a while ago that I posted and everyone hated. Despite that, here are some folds. Both are in 6-handed games.

Hand 1:

Good regular TAG, about 24/13 (but with some weird tendencies sometimes) opens UTG to 75. I know he's capable of limping AA UTG, since he has burned me at least twice when I decided not to believe his limp-reraises. UTG+1 who I have never seen before this session, stats about 23/7 over 75 hands, makes it 230 with 1900 behind. Folded to me in BB with KK and I cover. I call, UTG drops out.

Flop T47r with 545 in the pot.

I bet 400, he makes it 800, I fold. I don't like it. Alternative lines?

Hand 2:

Two folds, TAG regular CO makes it 75, unknown Button with fairly normal stats calls, weird SB that I'm not too familiar with (other than that he makes some odd plays) makes it 130 with 2000 behind, I make it 400 in BB with KK and I cover. Folded back to SB who pushes. I fold. I don't like this one too much either, but I'm not terribly keen on seeing a 4-handed flop in this spot.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Re: 10/20 oh boy I sure do love KK vs AA

hand 1 i fold preflop

hand 2 is fine, yough tough laydown there, but i think its prob good... generally when some1 plays a hand really weird (tiny raise followed by massive raise?), u gotta suspect they have the nuts... bad players do weird sh.t when they get the nuts.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:25 PM

I probably check raise all in on the flop if I call preflop in hand 1
Old 03-31-2006, 08:30 PM

Hand 1 my money is going in one way or another

Hand 2 Tough fold...I prolly call about as often as I fold depending on my opponent(6 max games my money is going everytime for only 100BB's)
Old 03-31-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably check raise all in on the flop if I call preflop in hand 1

[/ QUOTE ]

the only way you get away from kk there though is the way you did it. bet and fold to a weird small raise...but would you possibly rather have put in another raise preflop? i dont like getting away from KK especially when the board comes T high. if you put in another bet and get reraised AGAIN, you can fold with confidence. if you get called youre more likely to get it all in on the flop when you can still see QQ a lot also.

if youre afraid of KK that much, in your situation you may want to do more defining your hand, such as putting in more raises and playing it more aggressively. if getting coolered scares you, you shouldnt get tricky with it imo
Old 03-31-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if youre afraid of KK that much, in your situation you may want to do more defining your hand, such as putting in more raises and playing it more aggressively. if getting coolered scares you, you shouldnt get tricky with it imo

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem is that although I reraise very liberally, I almost never put in a third raise preflop with any hand. If I want to start playing KK really fast, I also have to be able to 3-raise trash QTs hands, and I don't do that at the moment. It's possible that doing so is a better strategy, but it also forces me to make very tough decisions a lot more often.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:28 PM

Hand #1: I am not sure why you bet the flop on Hand # 1 since you played it passively preflop. The way you played it, it would make more sense to check the flop and see what happens. I personally would check call flop and see if it is possible to get to a cheap showdown.

Hand #2: I would probably call. Trust me, there are plenty of times that I fold KK preflop, this is just not one of them. SB must be an extremely terrible player if he makes that miniraise with AA in the blinds oop. I mean I would be much more worried if he just flat called and then reraised all in after your raise. The way he played it, I would think he is just a moron. Perhaps his moron play worked to his advantage here and gets a call out of me.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:21 PM

With respect to hero's view of the dreaded AA vs KK's, what flop does KK feel comfortable with playing for big bets postflop in this situation. Not very many.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:15 AM

Hand 1 I would 3-bet pre-flop. If I just called pre-flop I would check-raise all-in on the flop. If I just called pre-flop and bet the flop and got min-raised, I would go all-in.

Don't be such a pussy.

In hand 2 I would flat-call the reraise pre-flop. If I 3-bet and got 4-bet I would fold like you did.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I would 3-bet pre-flop. If I just called pre-flop I would check-raise all-in on the flop. If I just called pre-flop and bet the flop and got min-raised, I would go all-in.

Don't be such a pussy.

In hand 2 I would flat-call the reraise pre-flop. If I 3-bet and got 4-bet I would fold like you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flawless you fold preflop in the first hand? LOL
This man says it how it is, why the [censored] are you scared of aces time and time again? For the second hand, the 4th raise rarely goes in unless it's aces or a tricky player or a rookie.