Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Greed. 10/20 Deep Stacked.

10/20NL full ring, Villain is between TAG and LAG (22%/10%/2%), and seems to be decent (I think he plays mostly 5-6handed though). Villain has $7500 and I cover.

I limp 88 in the hi-jack after an EP limp and Villain limps in CO, and the blinds come along for a flop of:

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

($98) checked to me and I bet $90, Villain calls rest fold.

Turn ($278): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet $150 and Villain pauses for a second and calls.

River ($578): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $500 and Villain insta min-raises...
Old 03-31-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Greed. 10/20 Deep Stacked.

this is a weird spot. the stacks are so deep here. I reraise I think KK is really unlikely... but then again, I'm not sure how much he'll call on a 3-bet on the river. I'd prob make it 3k and chuck it to a push. I'm also running really badly so I'm useless.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:49 PM

What am I missing here? Did you say you would chuck it to a push. Doesnt he have 4 of a kind. STONE COLD NUTS!

[ QUOTE ]
this is a weird spot. the stacks are so deep here. I reraise I think KK is really unlikely... but then again, I'm not sure how much he'll call on a 3-bet on the river. I'd prob make it 3k and chuck it to a push. I'm also running really badly so I'm useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF... I must be losing it. I'd Pot it.

He most likely has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x, although I suppose there is an outside shot he has 77.

I mean, you're 3 betting the river - does it really matter how much you make it? I doubt you would ever 3-bet steal on the river, so he has to know this isnt a bluff - you have at least 87, and he certainly doesnt have a hand that beats that.

I vote for 3 bet-min-raise, hoping to get a frustration call or ahhh-shhh-push-it and pray he misclicks or something.

D
Old 03-31-2006, 05:55 PM

hes either got The Ah, trying to extract some value from the naked 8 you got stubborn with or he's got 77.

With the Ah, he'd call a gay raise. With 77, he calls a full raise and maybe repops a mini raise.

I think mini raise maybe the play, i hate to say. Flame away.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play this high, but I think a fold at any point on the river would be pretty bad. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2006, 05:59 PM

Obviously you want to make as much as you can but don't want to run him off. So what actions by you signal the most strength and are more likely to make him fold? For anyone but a LAG doing it, pushing is that action. And it is closely followed by a min-raise which screams you are milking a monster. So I would rather raise to like 2K-2.5K. While this is more likely to run off just a flush, it is more likely to get called by a full putting you on overplaying a flush. And if he did play KK goofy preflop, or if he habitually overplays non-nut hands like worse fulls, then you just might hit the jackpot and get raised again.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:30 PM

Make it 2.5k.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to say that I don't play this high, but I would make it 3K and most likely call a push instead of folding quads.