Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 04:41 AM

Default interesting QQ hand

pseudo playalong hand. button is fairly tag but likely capable of moves. reraise range fairly narrow but probably capable of light reraises. UTG has been raising fairly often but needs a big hand to go to war postflop.

Hero is dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the sb.

RAISE UTG, $6
RAISE Button , $24
CALL HERO, $23
FOLD BB
FOLD UTG

flop (pot $56)
9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

hero checks
button bets $35

hero has $200, villain has hero covered.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:46 AM

Default Re: interesting QQ hand

I hate preflop, cold calling two raises OOP seems suicidal to me. As played call and decide on the turn what to do, or try a minraise. I don't remember the last time I minraised but here doesn't seem like a bad idea at all.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:50 AM

Is this 6-handed or 10-handed? Preflop, QQ is good at a 6-handed table 95.5% of the time but only 92.1% a full ring table.

Any PT stats on the button?

Problem here is that you have very few reraising hands beat: AK/AQ/TT and you're only a coin flip to [Ad Kd]. Finding out what he's got could be expensive. I think calling and checking the turn in the dark is probably the best option. If he fires again you're probably beat. I guess a more aggo option would be a CR to about $90 and fold to an all-in.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this 6-handed or 10-handed? Preflop, QQ is good at a 6-handed table 95.5% of the time but only 92.1% a full ring table.

Any PT stats on the button?

Problem here is that you have very few reraising hands beat: AK/AQ/TT and you're only a coin flip to [Ad Kd]. Finding out what he's got could be expensive. I think calling and checking the turn in the dark is probably the best option. If he fires again you're probably beat. I guess a more aggo option would be a CR to about $90 and fold to an all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes about 24/13.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:54 AM

I would stop-and-go. I like cold calling preflop. Reraising there is just suicidal I think.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:55 AM

C-R here suuuucks, you're either committing your stack or throwing 90 down the drain if he comes over the top. and he'll only call when he's ahead.

I prefer a call given your check. You can pick up some outs if you need them, and he'll often check behind the turn with naked AK/AQ. If you hit a turn like T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], you may be able to blow AA/KK off their hand. Lets call and see what happens.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:05 AM

Default the turn

hero calls $35

turn : A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

for 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($126)
board

hero has $140 left, villain covers.

hero checks, villain bets $105

hero folds, correct?

is there anything along the way that would lead us to believe villain is on air?
Old 03-31-2006, 05:09 AM

Lead the flop. Check/raising blows because it'll be hard to get away if you're 3-bet. And you certainly don't like to get 3-bet in this situation.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:17 AM

Default Re: the turn

Given that turn card, I don't think you can push him off anything now except KK without Kd. Representing a flush would be very difficult since you would have had to call a large reraise preflop with [Kd Qd] or worse.

I think you check the turn and see if he slows down.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:29 AM

Default Re: the turn

updated.

anybody lead the turn? stack sizes kind of awkward for it though.