Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 01:55 AM

Default Hands from Small Live Tournament

I'm playing in a small home game tournament with 19 players. Players start with stacks of 5000 and blind levels last 30 minutes.

Hand #1

This is the fourth hand of the tournament. Villian and Hero haven't played a hand yet. Most people at my table have played with me before and I generally play very TAG. I've played with the Villian before and he is a good player who routinely does well in these tournaments. He is loose preflop and pushes small edges and marginal hands very agressively on the flop but rarely makes a move with air.

Blinds 25/50
Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
one fold, Hero (UTG+1) raises to 200 , one fold, Villian calls 200, two folds, Button calls 200, both blinds fold
Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets 400 , Villian raises to 1000, Button folds, Hero calls
Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villian bets 1000, Hero calls
River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villian bets 2000, Hero ???

How was my line, what sould I do on river?

Hand #2

Down to 9 players, so average stack is ~10,000. Villian is the same as in Hand #1 (players redrew for seats at final table) and has one of the big stacks at the table ~17,000. SB is the small stack and hasn't played a hand in a couple of orbits. I am the second smallest stack (3100) and haven't been involded in many pots all tournament, I have had a similiar stack to what I have now for at least 40 minutes.

Blinds 300/600 (2 minutes into level)
Hero is dealt 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
four folds, Villian raises to 1200, two folds, SB all in for 900, Hero calls
Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villian checks
Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets 2000 (Hero has 1900 left), Hero ??

I am never sure how to play short stacks from the blinds preflop. I'm also curious if it is worth trying to get usable stack by calling here to hit my straight, even though I don't have correct pot odds.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:16 AM
 is offline

Default Re: Hands from Small Live Tournament

hand 1:
i would probably fold on the turn, if not, the river. u have like an M of over 50 if i did the math right in my head..i wouldnt put all my chips in on top pair with that board. and u said urself he doesnt bluff too much.

hand 2:
folddddddddddd. dont forget, this guy has to showdown his hand with the sb who is AI. he wouldnt or shouldnt be dry side pot bluffing. ur beat