Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 04:15 PM

Default TP with flush draw against likely two pair...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets, Hero...</font>

Against this guy two pair/set are likely hands, but there's always a chance that he limped an ace and thinks he's best. What's the best line to take with a good made hand and a strong draw to the nuts?
Old 03-30-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Re: TP with flush draw against likely two pair...

I think that the correct line here is to 3 bet the flop, bet the turn and value bet the river. If turn is raised just call and call river bet unless flush is made. So many guys will overplay any ace here, and putting someone on AK, A8, or A2 is giving too much credit. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Given the way you played the flop, I think either calling the turn here or raising is fine.

Where is my thinking flawed?
Old 03-30-2006, 05:04 PM

Meh, I guess it depends on what your read of BB and MP is. I have no real problem calling or raising here, although I usually raise with only one more behind me. If there were a couple potential overcallers, I may call with the nut flush draw.

I agree with the other poster, I would try and jam this flop. You are very likely ahead, and after that, the hand basically plays itself. If he caps, you can check/call, if he calls, bet/call turn
Old 03-30-2006, 05:09 PM

Much rather wait and raise the turn since you have position and could trap the other fish.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:53 PM

Before the diamond draw comes, I prefer raising the turn. I don't think I like 3betting the flop, for reasons I'll explain in another post.

I'm not sure if it's better to raise with the flush outs and bet if we improve or if it's better to flat call and raise diamonds, queens, and kings and jacks possibly.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:57 PM

I'm pretty sure jamming the flop is wrong. BB is a passive player (should've mentioned earlier) but he's tight enough he'll be dropping pretty much all the holdings I beat to a flop 3bet, and in order for that to be correct I have to be a near even money to have the best hand which I said earlier I'm not.