Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 01:07 PM

Default The best job that somebody you know has...

I am looking for a career change, and am hoping that this may be a good source of ideas. For about ten years, I had one of those fantastic jobs that seems so easy, as a mortgage loan officer.

But over the past couple of years, it has become less and less rewarding, and I'm looking for a change. It doesn't help that Colorado has no licensing requirements, meaning that anybody and everybody is in competition with me on every single loan.

So what kind of great jobs are out there? I am in a position where I don't need a huge salary, and can work on commission, as long as there is a big carrot at the end of that stick.

But I'm not looking for job advice, as much as I am hoping to hear about great jobs that you have, or your friends have, and what makes them great....they don't even have to be accessible or feasible..just good situations.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:10 PM

Default Re: The best job that somebody you know has...

My wife's uncle seems to have a pretty cush job. He's some sort of sales support engineer. I'm not sure that he does a whole lot, his boss is in another city, and when the sales guys aren't doing much, he's pretty much just hanging out. He makes real nice money, plus commission on sales.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:10 PM

Hollister is a very easy job
Be a bartender
www.quixtar.com be an IBO
Be a stripper
Win the Million Dollar Gaurenteed
Join a Rock band

I cant think of any else
Old 03-30-2006, 01:11 PM

I had the best job imaginable in grad school. I was a graduate assistant, and my "job" involved helping grad and undergrad students in the school of business computer lab.

For ten hours a week of sitting around surfing the web and helping the occasional hottie with computer questions I got my tuition paid for plus $1200 a month. I miss those days.

Swede
Old 03-30-2006, 01:11 PM

The last of my staff quit yesterday so my current job description is I'm sitting in an office surfing OOT.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hollister is a very easy job
Be a bartender
www.quixtar.com be an IBO
Be a stripper
Win the Million Dollar Gaurenteed
Join a Rock band

I cant think of any else

[/ QUOTE ]
Working at Hollister is not a job. You are then an idiot in tight fitting clothes who looks like an [censored]. A stripper though, thats an honorable job.
Best job I ever had was managing a golf course. Watched TV while I sat there and played poker on the computer. When it got dark I went to the bar with the golfers and ate food and played cards with drunk golfers.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:16 PM

I read a news article about some kid who's uncle (some political figure) got him a job enforcing strip club regulations.

Basically, he was paid around $90k a year to stop in nudie bars and make sure they weren't getting fully naked or prostituting themselves.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:17 PM

um... Dominic.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read a news article about some kid who's uncle (some political figure) got him a job enforcing strip club regulations.

Basically, he was paid around $90k a year to stop in nudie bars and make sure they weren't getting fully naked or prostituting themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going out on a limb and guess the fringe benefits were easily worth another $90k.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:19 PM

I've got a buddy that's always been in sales. He just worked his way up from one company to another, and is now making decent 6 figures.

He also does [censored]. When he got the job, he inherited a territory and all the customers within it. So right out of the gate, he was getting commission from existing sales. Add to that the new customers that he got here and there, and was in great shape. He also only "works" about 3 days a week. He might be gone all week, but he screws off at least 1 to 2 days.

If things here ever go to [censored], I'm going to give sales a shot. It would just be tough traveling when I've got a family back home.