Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 06:44 PM

Default JJ in CO, hows my aggression

This was like the 12th hand at this table, my overall stats are 24/11/2.79. my AF#s are:
flop: 5.15
turn: 4.90
river: 6.33
Am I overly aggressive? (see example below)
I havn't a single read on Villain as I was playing while very tired.

Example:
PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) converter

Hero ($5.60)
Button ($3.50)
SB ($1.35)
BB ($4.95)
UTG ($17.75)
MP ($10.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.2</font>, MP calls $0.20, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.6</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.55) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, MP calls $2.

Turn: ($5.55) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3 (All-In)</font>, MP calls $3.

River: ($11.55) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $11.55

I have no idea how much to re-raise preflop in an already raised pot. A minraise + one caller, ok now what? make it twice current potsize? Make it so they have to call 4bb+(what they both put in)?
BTW the reason I play with a small buy-in is because my BR is small + I've been losing a bunch this past week.

EDIT: Im a noob, tell me if I played like a donkey, please [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Re: JJ in CO, hows my aggression

I would be raising to $1 preflop. Then on the flop I would be just potting it. With such a small stack(which i really dont like, if you cant buy in for the max then move down a level) I guess this play isnt terrible since he could be on a draw. If you were bigger stacked I would be checking behind on this turn.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:09 PM

how is this raised? is says .20 BB and then the utg says raises to .20. i must be missing something. anyways a general ruls it to go 4xBB + 1 for each limper so if this is his raise and one caller im goin at least 4x his raise here plus the caller so at least a dollar is good. with your bet you gave him 2:5 on his money where going 1$ gives him 2:3.5 and this is where you will get your added value from making the proper raises preflop.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:10 PM

Is it purely by feel that you get the amount to reraise?
I felt I couldn't check that turn because of the flush-draw, I really hate giving freecards. Just can't do it.

This is the lowest level [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I don't buy-in for the full amount when Im having a bad run. Maybe my not having a full buy-in is facilitating my bad run, but I still feel safer (its all in my head I guess).
Old 03-29-2006, 07:16 PM

I guess its something with the converter but my $1 advice is wrong because I misread it. I though the BB was .1, so I would raise to about 1.4 here preflop.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:30 PM

The level is actually .1/.05, can't edit it... says something about max edit time.

I know about the 4xBB+1BB/limper rule but I dont understand
"im goin at least 4x his raise here plus the caller" 4x his raise is not the same as 4xBB. Its alot more, plus I dont feel like this rule in its original state can be used for raised pots, I allways use it when theres nothing but limps in front. Is 4xhis raise normal?

"with your bet you gave him 2:5 on his money where going 1$ gives him 2:3.5" Ok, this is what I wanted. So I guess I need to consider the pot-size even at preflop, and give them re-raises as if they're drawing to OESDs or something like that. Makes sense?
Old 03-29-2006, 07:33 PM

I don't know how to really relate it to making people pay for an OESD but whatever helps you out ;D.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:39 PM

no its not a stanard method to use like the first raise rule but i try to keep my reraises around that area. i dont think we need to go too overboard here. like 1.4 is 7 times the raisers raise. anyone playing 25 nl go 7$ pf when there is a standard raise and call up front? id go more around 4.25 - 5 with any reraising hand. 4x his raise isnt something i stand by but its does help keep the pot more manageable. jacks if you decide to raise you may want to go a little higher since it is a very susceptible pair
Old 03-29-2006, 07:54 PM

You played like a donkey.

I'd raise a little more pf.

once I get called on the flop, I am shutting down. Turn AI is spew. He is far more likely to have AQ, KQ, AA, KK, QQ than just a flush draw.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:07 PM

Balugawhale is right.

As for your aggression numbers. My guess is you never stop betting. Aggression is good but stop firing those two and three barrelled bluffs. If anyone is paying attention they will wait for a good hand let you go off betting every street til you're pot commited, then put you all in on the end and take your stack.

Maybe I'm out of line, I can only judge from this hand and those numbers.