Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2006, 09:27 PM

Default $6 Party 2nd Hand

New to SnG's. I usually play low limit cash games. The only read I have is this is Party and its lowest limit for SnG's.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t800)
UTG+1 (t770)
MP1 (t1740)
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t800)
CO (t800)
Button (t705)
SB (t785)
BB (t800)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises t55</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t125</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">BB raises t180</font>
Hero???

Call and go to the flop or push and gamble? I think the answer is simple but I want to make sure I have the right basic ideas about SnG's....
Old 01-08-2006, 09:29 PM

Default Re: $6 Party 2nd Hand

by pushing, you're massively increasing your chance of busting out - while there's a good chance you're leading, that's not enough.

wait for the flop, and go from there - since you have a pulse and are thinking about what you do, you're likely to be able to outplay from the flop onwards.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:34 PM

I don't think calling is an option. The button is still to act, and could easily push behind you.

I don't know how insane the $6s are, but folding is certainly a better option than calling, IMO.

A mini-re-reraise from a Blind? I'm not feeling too good about AK anymore. Maybe its different in a $6 though, and push is correct. Not sure.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:36 PM

the $6's are pretty crazy to start out. It seems like 1 or 2 people early on are itching to bust.

Is it a good strategy to try to double up early? If I push I expect at least one caller who I might have out kicked or who might have a pocket pair. Is it right to play coinflips early on? I expect a push to be +EV b/c of the callers who have a worse kicker.