Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2006, 02:48 PM

Default Improving my game

I've been playing for a while and have managed to make a little here and there but I have hit a downswing and want to address my leaks now because my stats have remained pretty much the same since I started. I need some general stratigies for anyone who wants to tackle this one. Looking for players who at some point in their poker career had similar stats and improved them.

ALL $3/ $6 stats

1. VPIP: Im at 15.5%, I want it at 18%. Looking for a little more than see more hands. You pros know what hands a 15.5% player is seeing what do I need to add to get this to 18%

2. PFR%: Im at about 5.75% would like to get it to 8%. Same as above, what hands should I be raising more with that Im not. I do have a tendancy to only raise in the blinds with premium hands, i don't play well out of position. I do attempt steals about 28% of the time.

3. AF: its low for a winning player: flop: 1.9 Turn: 1.7 River: 1.8. I feel I play aggressively but obviously its not enough. I play a little losser than fit or fold depending on the amount of people in the pot and how big the pot is. semi - loose aggressive players give me the most trouble.

All the rest of my stats fall in the range of the AKA Tiger Woods stats post for 3/6 players.

Hoping their is someone out there whostarted out with stats like mine and improved, if you strated out looser and more aggressive you probably don't know where im coming from. But any help is appreciated.