Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Ask ColdCaller about video games (especially coin-op)

T.J. Combo knows pretty much nothing about Nintendo. Now, I know a LOT about NES/SNES/Genesis/Playstation/N64/Dreamcast, and a good amount about XBox/PS2 and newer (but not too much more than a serious hobbyist).

These "Ask Me" threads should be run by experts, not hobbyists. And I know a metric ballsload about coin-op machines, having run a few arcades (read: Not "I worked a minwage changemaking job") in my time.

So, coin-op questions are preferred, but I'll take old console questions too. My knowledge of Atari is somewhat on the weak side, but anything Nintendo/Genesis era is fair game.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Ask ColdCaller about video games (especially coin-op)

CC,

what are your thoughts on T-mek?

Also, what was that game where you could be either the cowboy or the indian, it was 2-player co-op, I believe the joystick was a trackball thing, and your view was behind the players. You could destroy basically everything... Been searching a long time for the name of this.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:56 PM

Greatest Konami (or like, but Im pretty sure all the good ones were Konami) sidescroller of the early 90s?
Old 03-27-2006, 01:58 PM

Did you ever punch a hole in a quarter in shop class and string some dental floss through it and play lots of Mortal Kombat that way?
Old 03-27-2006, 01:58 PM

Mortal Kombat II for Sega Genesis, what is the best strategy for defeating Noob Saibot when you get to him through the multi-player cheat?

How do you defeat Silver Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog 2?

What are your top 5 favorites games of all time for Sega Genesis?
Old 03-27-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CC,

what are your thoughts on T-mek?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, are you kidding me? The first response to this post is already probably going to be the best response. I can't believe anyone else here has played (or even know what T-mek is).

I tried my hardest to get a T-Mek machine for my primary arcade, to no avail. They are extremely hard to get your hands on, especially a good working one with fully-working boards (IIRC, some of them had dismal hardware issues).

As a very poor replacement, I had Virtual On! machines imported from Japan before they made it to the States, which was a big hit in my area for a long time. CyberSled was pretty good too when it was first released.

I've seen a T-Mek machine at the Tilt arcade in Chicago for sale, but it was broken and way out of my price range at the time. I wish to this day that I had bought it and repaired it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what was that game where you could be either the cowboy or the indian, it was 2-player co-op, I believe the joystick was a trackball thing, and your view was behind the players. You could destroy basically everything... Been searching a long time for the name of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I need a bit more information. That sounds like a less fun version of Sunset Riders, which was one of my favorite coin-op games. It also sounds like Gunsmoke, but that's obviously one-player.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you ever punch a hole in a quarter in shop class and string some dental floss through it and play lots of Mortal Kombat that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, no, but that did work on some of the older machines!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I need a bit more information. That sounds like a less fun version of Sunset Riders, which was one of my favorite coin-op games. It also sounds like Gunsmoke, but that's obviously one-player.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's talking about BLOOD BROS. which is a [censored] classic.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:03 PM

How awesome will Spore be?

Will Fallout 3 measure up to its forerunners? Will it ever be released?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:03 PM

ok hmm, basically the game was like Operation: Wolf, i.e. you control your crosshair, except it also moves your character, and unlike O:W you could see your character. I won't be suprised if you cannot think of this, I have tried to find it. Um, one of the "bosses" was a covered wagon with guns in it that droved by in the distance. Some of the game was at night... I know you've played this.