Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 12:37 PM

Default TT UTG vs an unknown player and a big field

This was 20/40 at Foxwoods. I raise UTG with TT, UTG+1 (who is new to the game and I don't really have a read on him) 3-bets, three players who practice incredibly bad hand selection quickly each call 3 bets cold, I call.

Flop: 7 8 9 rainbow

I bet, UTG+1 raises, 3 cold-calls again, I 3-bet, UTG+1 caps and everyone calls.

Turn: It was a rag, I don't remember which one.

I check and it gets checked around.

River: K

I check planning on calling one bet.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:09 PM

Default Re: TT UTG vs an unknown player and a big field

Sounds good to me. You're probably going to lose if it's bet, but the pot is too big to fold for one bet.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:01 AM

Default Re: TT UTG vs an unknown player and a big field

Not sure I like the flop 3-bet. Without a read, I think we have to give some credit to UTG1 for a hand that beats us. He raised preflop and then raises a really scary flop for hands like AKo.

So how many outs do we have? With 3 players calling 2 cold they most likely have weak pair / weak draw hands. Our T outs are surely no good. Even our 6/J outs may split the pot or even lose. So if we are against an overpair we have perhaps 5-6 outs.

Yes, we maybe ahead of UTG+1, but if we are not, we don't have that many clean outs. We can't fold the other players with more aggression, although something is to be said for charging their draws. However, with UTG1 liking his hand so much, our equity in this pot is not as high as it first appears, and I would be looking to get to the river/SD (depending on action) as cheap as possible.