Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Flopped boat with all the action I want... how much do I bite

3/6 6max.
Table is relatively tight with frequent folds to the BB and a raise usually takes it down uncontested.

EDIT:
Sorry I remembered the hand wrong... here's the HH i've found

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (19 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB raises $2 more for all-in, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.91 BB
Old 03-27-2006, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Flopped boat with all the action I want... how much do I bite

Raise the flop. How many players are in on this hand? I'm a little unclear and it does somewhat change the way it might be played. I actually think a bet/three bet might be better here if there are enough players in the hand to make someone holding a Q likely. All that action on the turn and the river tell me hands like Q9 or 99 are possible.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:08 AM

I must have gotten two hands confused together... hope the edited hand makes more sense. I think you're right that c/r the flop to get it HU or 3way sooner would have been a better idea.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:10 AM

Honestly? I'd just value-cap every street, starting with a flop check-raise. You can't trust the peanut gallery to keep hanging around after peeling the flop unless they have a queen/pair, and they're respectively giving you action or seeing a showdown regardless of your flop play.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:11 AM

Looks not that bad, but I usually don't slowplay these bottom boats, not against 5 players anyway. I'd consider betting the flop, but I agree that you have weird relative position to the preflop bettor. But even if it's unlikely, you would hate the flop being checked through. And those guys calling UTG's bet - and who would have called CO's cont. bet after your slowplay - they would have called your bet too. And after a not that unlikely raise by CO you could 3-bet, which is definitely not bad with this many opponents.

Given that you did check, since the player to your left bet instead of CO, what is so wrong with check-raising? If everybody calls there's 2.5 more big bets into your pocket, and perhaps somebody slowplayed his queen and 3-bets.

By the way, I bet a dollar that you lost this hand.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:12 AM

This is def. a 3-bet/fold spot pf. You don't want a multiway pot here if your going to play. I'm leaning strongly toward 3-bet. Post flop seems fine except the river action is a little messed. Anyway if he 3-bets the river just call.

Edit: I don't hate a flop raise either.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I must have gotten two hands confused together... hope the edited hand makes more sense. I think you're right that c/r the flop to get it HU or 3way sooner would have been a better idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF I spent 10 minutes writing my post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2006, 02:16 AM

I hate the coldcall preflop.

Since it was not the preflop raiser who bet the flop, I would raise immediately on the flop, it would suck if it turned out to be a simple stab and he gave up on the turn and it got checked to you.

What the heck, I would probably raise the flop anyway with three opponents, hoping somebody has a Q who 3-bets and $$$$$$$$
Old 03-27-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF I spent 10 minutes writing my post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the original post I made... a bit off but we can have a talk about this hypothetical hand too if you want =.="

[ QUOTE ]
3/6 6max.
I'm BB with 66. Table is relatively tight with frequent folds to the BB and a raise usually takes it down uncontested.

UTG is unknown, but probably not the wisest as he's posting BB in UTG. MP is sane and relatively reasonable and predictable.

UTG poster checks, all calls to the CO who raises. Everyone calls, including me with the easiest call in the world.

Flop is QQ6 rainbow.

SB checks, I check, UTG bets, all calls to me, who calls.

Turn is QQ6 9 two clubs.

SB checks, I check, UTG bets, all calls, I raise, UTG 3bets, MP calls, everyone else folds to me and I cap. All calls.

River is QQ6 9 3. no flush.
I bet, UTG raises, MP calls. I 3bet, UTG caps, MP calls. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-27-2006, 02:20 AM

I like a flop raise. Here's why. You're up against three players. This increases the likelyhood that they'll stay in the pot. You have a strong hand but one that is not without pratfalls. If a player does have a queen, he still has outs against you. You're pot equity is simply never better than it is right here in this situation. Plus it is simple for everyone to call one more bet here because they have already called one.

The way you played it, I think the rest of the hand is fine. I suspect Mr. small blind has a lone queen but I wouldn't be surprised to see Q6s or QT in this situation.