Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 04:15 PM

Default 3/6 bet/???ing aces up on the river

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (8.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ????????

I have one read. He cold called a bet and raise with a top pair of aces and still called the river (heads up) when he hit two pair. So I don't think he's a spewer.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Re: 3/6 bet/???ing aces up on the river

If he's not raising the river w/ two pair, you can lay this down.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:41 PM

I think with that board and that card, you should have check/called the river. I want to see a showdown here. By betting, I think you're obligated to fold when it's raised.

Had you checked, if the BB bets, then the button raises, you can fold without a second thought. Both players are also more likely to bluff at the pot with hands you beat (weak ace, smaller two pair) and you can overcall for one bet. The river getting checked through is far from a tragedy compared to the positive things that a check could have brought here.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's not raising the river w/ two pair, you can lay this down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is certainly true, but the poster seems pretty iffy on his read. We tend to always state that the sample size for stats has to be large, what about reads we make when we see players specific actions? I think those can also be scewed by small sample size. In a pot this big I think I would call in hero's shoes certainly expecting to lose, but I just would not trust my read enough to fold.

-Kai
Old 03-25-2006, 05:14 PM

If you bet this river you have to fold to a raise, especially with your read. This is pretty classic clarkmeister.