Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 04:38 AM

Default Third time: 10k hands, please give me feedback

I've done this twice before, and your feedback has been helpful each time. So here goes again.

I just finished 10k hands of $.5/$1 10-handed on party. Here are some of my key stats:

Num hands: 10024
Amount won: $14.31 (0.09 bb/hr, 0.14 bb/100)
VPIP: 16.90
PF Raise %: 9.68
Folded SB to steal: 80.0
Folded BB to steal: 81.63
Att. To Steal Blinds: 38.60
Won $ When saw the flop %: 30.92
Went to showdown %: 26.62
Won $ at showdown %: 60.43

Aggression factors (pre-flop, flop, turn, river): 1.07, 3.19, 3.49, 2.01

Standard deviation/hour: 13.697 big bets
Standard deviation/100: 17.2707

Finally, within these 10k hands I ran up to being about +200 big bets at about the 7k hands mark, but then dropped all that to be -10 big bets at the 9.8k hands mark before making a short rush in the last couple hundred hands to end up slightly positive. 130 of those big bets were dropped in about 1.8k hands.

My two main questions are:

1) is there anything disturbing in those statistics?

2) is it likely that i would drop 200 big bets in 3k hands if I am a winning player? I'm very aware that 10k hands is far too few hands to determine win rate, but dropping 200 big bets in 3k hands (and 130 in 1.8k) seems suspicious.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Third time: 10k hands, please give me feedback

You are too weak-tight.

Post your stats by position.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:52 AM

Lossen up some more by raising some more hands. Continuation bet after raising pre-flop and having it checked to you.

Swings, don't even get me started. If 200BB is disturbing to you, play lower. Expect to go on huge swings. More than 200BB too; watch out for the 500-600BB ones. Just keep improving your play and things should be fine.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:05 AM

Why he's weak-tight?

[ QUOTE ]
PF Raise %: 9.68
Aggression factors (pre-flop, flop, turn, river): 1.07, 3.19, 3.49, 2.01
Att. To Steal Blinds: 38.60

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these stats of a weak player?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:11 AM

I guess he was reffering to these:

Went to showdown %: 26.62 <--- kinda low.
Won $ at showdown %: 60.43 <--- kinda high

And if you combine the last 2 stats, you can come to a conclusion that OP is folding too many winning hands.
Right?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:21 AM

I haven't noticed the WtSD stat.. this stat is strange.. he's very tight and aggressive on the flop.. why I go so few times at SD? He rise too much on bad spot? Could be this?
Old 03-25-2006, 08:23 AM

He doesn't call enough probably. Either raises or folds.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:00 AM

One tabling, a 200 BB downswing is hard to imagine, more because it would take so long it would be tough not to go insane more than it's mathmatically impossible.

4 and 5 tabling a 200 BB downswing is 2 or 3 bad sessions back to back and sucks. Last week I played about 3k hands and was winning for about 5 of them. -3.62 bb/100, 110 BB down. This week, up to today, I've played 1600 hands and am at 11.64 BB/100, up 185 BB. I'm playing almost exactly the same poker this week as last week. This week I'm probably hitting my draws more often and villains aren't hitting their 2 to 5 outer runner runner perfects as often. Variance is a ginormous part of limit holdem, that's why you have a 300-400 BB bankroll so you can absorb the losses without going broke.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And if you combine the last 2 stats, you can come to a conclusion that OP is folding too many winning hands.
Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to get to more showdowns, but I guess I haven't tried hard enough. Does anybody have some suggestions for when to stick with a moderate hand? Any tips on deviating further from fit-or-fold?
Old 03-26-2006, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to get to more showdowns, but I guess I haven't tried hard enough. Does anybody have some suggestions for when to stick with a moderate hand? Any tips on deviating further from fit-or-fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm inexperienced, so I would look for confirmation of what I say...

But I'd say that continuing in a pot with a moderate hand, for me, is down to two things:

1. Is there only one or two people with me seeing the flop? (The fewer the players the more likely my moderate hand is good and the more likely that the other guys will try and bluff me off).

2. Is the person betting into me someone I have identified as, to put it coloquially, inclined to take the p!ss. If so, I'm much more likely to be ahead with second pair or top pair poor kicker.

Last night I did a gleeful dance around my room when I called someone on the river, winning the pot with A high after thinking for a long time. I couldn't disguise my pleasure in the chat box and I was still beaming when, soon after, he left the table. I like to imagine him slinking off in shame, but for all I know his bathroom flooded.

Look out for people who seem to magically hit every flop and bet out when first to act almost every time; they're invariably incurable kleptomaniacs. If you put them on a steal, raise them: I find they usually call your raise but then check the turn; you can either use this time to bet out, if you have a hand, or take a free card if you don't.

As I say; this advice comes with a warning; I'm very much a learner at the moment, and I'm only playing 10c/20c so things might be difficult at your heights.