Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 05:43 PM

Default The \'one armed wussy hug\'

Last night I went on a 2nd date with this girl. For those that don't know me well I'm 22 and she's 21. Probably about the 5th time we've seen eachother, but only 2nd date. Last time we just went out to eat at macarroni grill as that's all there was time for. It went well and then it was thxgiving and she was going to be out of town until sunday.

I called her then and we set up getting together tuesday (last night) we decided to grab a couple drinks at a small pub and I'd pick her up at 8.

When I get to her house, she says her roommate wants to meet me so I go up there and meet her quickly and then leave.

On the way she says she can't stay out late even though she would love to because she's swamped with schoolwork that she still has to do that night. She's also got a job interview on friday that's stressing her out too so if she's a little scatterbrained that's why. The job she's interviewing for would also make her move to the east coast.

Anyhow, we have a great time at the pub. Good conversation etc. She mentioned we should go out on the weekend sometime so we can actually stay out later etc. She also mentioned to her mom that she went on a date with a gambler and her mom thought that was cool/interesting and that you should do what you want when you're young and take risks. Sweet.

I paid for the dinner the last time and this time after we got done eating some bar food she asked the waitress for the bill and said she'd take care of it this time. I didn't fight her for it and just gave her a nice thank you. A friend said that was a bad play and I should have at least offered and usually I would but the way it played out it fealt right just to accept. Thoughts?

When we got back to her place, she was getting her keys out a little early and said it's kinda a bad neighborhood so at night she always gets them out so she's ready. I said I'd walk her up.

We get to the stairs and she says good luck in vegas...even though i know you dont think of it as luck...and I tell her I'll call her to hear about the race she's running on sat and she says ok and turns to go into her house. I stick out my arms like in the 'come give me a hug' fashion and she comes over and gives me a "one armed wussy hug'. I was gonna give her a little kiss but with that it just didn't seem right.

So I go back to my car. wtf?

I'm going to vegas til monday with a slight chance of a ski trip afterwords so I wont be seeing her for a bit.

Am I over thinking the significance of the hug? It's just every other thing points to she's having a great time and she's been making time to get together with me even though she's swamped.

What's funny is 'wussy hugs' are actually a pet peeve of mine. If you're going to give me a hug, give me a real damn hug, or otherwise shake my hand or do nothing...so it's just kinda funny she did it.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: The \'one armed wussy hug\'

some women just use that type of hug as there normal hug, unless its for a very special moment.

don't think anymore about it. you still seem pretty money.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:47 PM

I think her work to do was probably on her mind, but it doesn't sound too hot (but by no means cold). You are being the nice guy rather than the hot guy maybe? Did you flirt or say anything teasing and get some gladeye back?

However, without any more info, I'd say relax on this, and wait to see what happens next date.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:47 PM

Were her keys sticking out like a weapon and would have poked you if she gave you a real hug?
Old 11-30-2005, 05:49 PM

You really should have offered to pay for dinner, no matter what kind of vibe your getting from her it's a nice gesture. Dont look to much into the wuss hug, it probably doesnt meen anything.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:50 PM

she was saving the real hug for the botty call that came over 'late'night. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 05:51 PM

I'm having trouble conceptualizing. Can you draw a stick figure diagram?

I think not offering to pay for dinner was money, but I've also proven to not know much about these things.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:51 PM

you should have paid. especially if she knew you were going to vegas for a few days. she knows you're baller.

was there a kiss on the first date? if not what happened? another one armed woooosie hug?
Old 11-30-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should have paid. especially if she knew you were going to vegas for a few days. she knows you're baller.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's part of the reason I let her pay. I'll take her to a real nice place next time and pay for it. While it's good to be a baller, I don't really want to set a precident of "hey look at me I have money i'll pay for everything." For a girl you're just trying to bang, fine. But that's not where I'm thinking with this girl.

[ QUOTE ]

was there a kiss on the first date? if not what happened? another one armed woooosie hug?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just dropped her off and she walked to her house. I should have walked her up but I didn't.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:54 PM

ure in like flint man, the only way to screw this up is to not make it known that you want to do bad things to her (you just have to find a classy way of displaying that). Allowing her to get in the "one armed wussy hug" is a sure fire way to screw that up!

Anytime some chick wants you to meer her roomate, and tells you something she told her mother about you, it means shes interested....A LOT. Just be a man, take charge of the situation, and instead of half assing the move by putting your arm out and then letting her get away with a buddy hug. You look her dead in the eyes, you take her hand in yours, you step to her and you kiss her like a real man. Then instead of spending a couple days wondering WTF is up, and having to make posts in OOT about it, you know where you stand. And I guaruntee shes doing the same thing right now to all her friends "wtf? I got the buddy hug, why didnt he kiss me? is he not into me? or is he just a pussy? oh hey look, theres a more confident man over there, I think ill go [censored] him isntead". (ok maybe not quite exactly like that, but you get the point)

also, the not paying for dinner thing was no mistake at all, and handled very well.