Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 03:30 AM

Default 10-20 PS value bet Aces 3 way?

My reads on Villain are "Incredibly dumb" He cold called with 97o and I 3bet multiway, 733 called my flop bet J on turn raised me called it down..... My reads on donkey are like "laggish"

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB :#A500AF(Donkey)/ calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Donkey checks, Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Donkey calls, Villain calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Donkey checks, Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Donkey calls, Villain calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Donkey checks, Villain checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
Old 03-24-2006, 04:19 AM

Default Re: 10-20 PS value bet Aces 3 way?

Anytime it's checked to you and you think, "should I bet this river?" The answer is Yes.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:21 AM

PREFLOP: How loose of a raiser is the villain? Is there any chance you have the best hand right now with your Ace high? If the villain has AK or AQ will he fold the flop or turn if he misses? One thing I am convinced of, given your description of the villian,"incredibly dumb", folding AJs here is out of the question. The question is, is 3betting better than calling. I personally would 3 bet in this spot, becuz this is the line that will most likely keep the pot HU. And AJ is much more likely to win uniproved HU, than it is 3 handed or more.

FLOP: Standard

TURN: Standard

RIVER: I still think you should value bet this river. MP1 looks like he has a hand like KK or QQ, so I wouldnt worry about him. And the laggish BB mightve bet the river if he had a flush or 4x. It is true that sometimes you will get checkraised here by a better hand, but even if we assume that you will call every time and lose, I still think bet/calling will make you more money in the long run than checking. Put another way, I think you are more than a 2-1 favorite to have the best hand on the river given the action, So I think you should value bet here.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:04 AM

this is a clear 3 bet preflop vs this villian and we definitely value bet this river
Old 03-24-2006, 06:40 AM

You have MP1 tagged as "incredibly dumb" yet you fail to 3bet him PF. Besides being the 'best hand', you can show this down against him a majority of the time unimproved.

Given the action, it being checked to you on every street, a bet is in order on every street. Expect to get called by worse hands on every street.