Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 03:23 AM

Default In deference to Beenben - ask hobbes a medical question

What the hell - can't let the lawyers be the only public spirited guys around.
Yes I'm an MD (residency trained ER)
I'll give it my best shot - with the understanding that I'm not to be held responsible for any bad outcomes - I'm not trying to practice online here.....

With that, fire away......

MM MD
Old 03-24-2006, 03:27 AM

Default Re: In deference to Beenben - ask hobbes a medical question

hmm, i dont consider myself to have bad health, but when i go to the doctor i have a high heart rate per minute, ( lower when checked by myself). Is thist just some sort of thing where i could be afraid of the doctor or wtf?!

also, could i use this excuse to go to the doctor and get out of tests bc i have a high heart rate?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:27 AM

is it safe to tatoo my sack?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:33 AM

Here's what I've figured out: I'm lactose intolerant. I don't digest beans or anything with beans or bean oil, including soybean oil (in everything, practically). My doctor says I have IBS, to take Fiber and if I want to eat something that's going to give me trouble, take an immodium AD or lactaid pill if it's got milk in it. I try to avoid foods that give me trouble.

So the questions are 1) why, if i'm following all these rules, do I still frequently have gas ? 2) what can I do about it?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:34 AM

By definition, anyone who would consider tatooing their sack is a squirrel, and would not be allowed to posess anything sharper or pointier than a banana.

On the other hand, if you are asking if someone else could do it for you, I would assume that if you are willing to pay enough, it's possible. The standard cautions about infection would apply, as would the suggestion that having the thing lasered off when you decide you don't like it any more will be more unpleasant than usual......

MM MD
Old 03-24-2006, 03:35 AM

Today i was trimming my balls when i accidentally knicked my balls. At first I thought it was fine just some cottonballs and some tlc and my balls would be fine, just like everytime before, but I was wrong. I stretched in a wrong way and the knick tore open. All the fluid from my ball sack streamed out and now only the testicals remain. Is this bad? Is this possible?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:37 AM

Could be white coat fever - meaning that you get anxious about seeing the MD, so your pulse and BP goes up - interestingly enough, the "right" way to check BP and pulse is to get the readings after 5 minutes in a quiet room - which noone does. How fast is fast?

Your excuses for tests are between you and your instructor - but at SOME point, you're gonna have to take the test, I would suspect.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:38 AM

I had brain surgery my sophomore year of high school because I had a small growth blocking a capillary in my brain which was preventing fluid from draining into my spinal column, so my brain was filling up with fluid. The capillary was moved around the growth and everything was hunky-dory. I've only gotten one MRI to check up on it since which showed that the growth wasn't growing. I'm planning on going back to get another checkup this summer, but how worried should I be?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:39 AM

1) I would assume you were trimming the hair on your ballsac, not the balls proper. At least, I hope so....
2) There shouldn't be fluid in there.
3) Thanks for playing.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:42 AM

<------not a brain surgeon, and don't claim to be one.

How many years since the surgery?
I suspect what you had was some sort of benign growth in your 4th ventricle, which was preventing the normal circulation of CSF - not to be crass, but if you're a couple years out and not dead, you're probably fine, especially if your last MRI was good.....