Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 02:05 AM

Default A good idea/request for videos

I really like watching the videos as I think it offers a great deal of insight into HU play, and it is far less boring then HHs and it gives the viewer the oppurtunity to see things like the flow of the match, etc. Having said that, I would love to see people post videos from both players in a given match. If HULA players who frequent this forum could agree to each record and both post their matches this would greatly enhance this forum. Even better if both videos could be rolled up into one split-screen video(I could help do this if the players don't know how.)
Edit: better yet, if someone has a good video editing program like final cut (i currently don't, but should soon)then we could even set it up so we see both players hole cards while only viewing one table.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:23 AM

Default Re: A good idea/request for videos

Ive been pushing this forever, and discussions with Tstone and others made pokeravi possible and it seems it was incredibly popular as his bandwidth just got ripped up, hence why the site is not up right now.

Again, the only program you need is Camtasia. records and edits videos super well, it has a trial period and is an expensive program if you decide to go the legit route after that.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:34 AM

I like the idea. Is there something like photobucket where you can post avi files?

Jared
Old 03-24-2006, 03:53 AM

if you dont have your own site to host it to, or know someone, Id say rapidshare might be best. yousendit is decent but it expires after so many days or downloads I think.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:17 AM

Instead of doing a splitscreen thing you should just edit the second player's cards into the first screen. It would take a bit more effort, but it would do wonders for controlling the file size.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:35 AM

Muti-hand, ebb and flow, analysis is the only way to view heads up play, IMO. Video clearly defines such play. Hand by hand is nearly useless as the situation is far removed from a single hand. Ant that's what poker is, situations and information.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Muti-hand, ebb and flow, analysis is the only way to view heads up play, IMO. Video clearly defines such play. Hand by hand is nearly useless as the situation is far removed from a single hand. Ant that's what poker is, situations and information.

[/ QUOTE ]

The alternative is to post a graph of the game's action to date, so the ebb and flow can be physically seen. Of course I do agree its not the same.... but its better than nothing.

TT
Old 03-24-2006, 11:47 AM

I may be alone here, but I would prefer not to see both players' cards. After all, in the game you can't.

I recently posted a session from Paradise where you don't get to see the second best hand at showdown if they didn't put in the last aggressive action, so I left their cards out on hands I won.'

I see how it would be good in some cases - for example considering the villains range is XYZ I had to fold, and then we can see if that read is reasonable given what the other guy had. But we can beat this by simply having the villain describe what range he would play this way.

I think it can be hard not to be results oriented if you can see the other dudes cards.

Jared
Old 03-24-2006, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it can be hard not to be results oriented if you can see the other dudes cards.

Jared

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been practicing with some of my teammates by showing each others cards every time, so we have an understanding of what the hand range could be four out opponent's actions in the heat of battle. It has helped me a lot.... so I'm all for showing both hands whenever possible. I wasn't using results oriented thinking at all, it was only for better hand analysis.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2006, 12:38 PM

I also enjoy the movies even if I don't comment on them. A very useful educational tool.

However, I generally don't like AVIs because they don't stream. Which means you have to wait 30 minutes to an hour to watch the action.

To make my movies, I use SnagIt to record a big fat high res AVI of the session but then I pump it through the Windows Media Encoder to get a streamable WMV. Snagit can be had for a trial and the Media Encoder is free.

- Jim