Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2006, 04:34 PM

Default 2 hands 5/10

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Villian in both hands is the same person, loose passive preflop but gets aggressive postflop. Calls down gutshot without odds.

I think hand 1 is ok but just need confirmation.

Hand 2, I am debating if I should of raised on the river.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:57 PM

Default Re: 2 hands 5/10

On hand 1 I'd raise the flop. If he 3-bets or calls and donks the turn, I'd probably call down.

Villian could have an 8, spade draw or straight draw on the flop. Don't give him a Jack just because that beats you.

On hand 2 I'd raise the river. What are you afraid of? I would have 3-bet the flop.

Get more aggressive dude!

-Tom
Old 03-23-2006, 05:20 PM

Hand 1: Raise the flop. The hand will play out differently if you do. It will be easier to determine if you are ahead or behind and you're ahead a good deal of time here.

Hand 2: Raise the river. I think the villain is sitting on something AQ, KQ or QJ here alot and thinks you are pulling this with a large pp (except TT or QQ of course). In fact, I think he has exactly AQ more than half the time based on the way he is playing this. I think QT is only somewhere around a 20-25% likely hand and some other weird full boat is even less likely. I raise and then call down a three bet.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:26 PM

I like a call down for hand 1. It's a blind battle, there's no particular reason to think you're behind. Especially if he's aggressive.

I cap hand two.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:42 PM

Hand 1: based on the player i raise this flop and represent the flush possiblity. When 2s hits and it's check to me I bet/fold.
Hand 2: fine, I think a 4 bet is fine on this river too.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:52 PM

I was planning on calling down on hand 1. But then the spade hit. The only hand I would beat now is a straight draw or an 8.

What range do you put villian on hand 2 for those of you that caps? I think capping is definitely spewing.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was planning on calling down on hand 1. But then the spade hit. The only hand I would beat now is a straight draw or an 8.

What range do you put villian on hand 2 for those of you that caps? I think capping is definitely spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll see a naked Q here 90% of the time. That's enough to cap.

Edit: If he's how you say, he might just be retardedly playing J9 or TT enough that you lose. Nevertheless, this is still an easy cap
Old 03-23-2006, 06:11 PM

I can understand 1 raise on the river, but when he 3B you the only logical hand I see is J9 that I can beat. I said he's aggressive postflop but not retarded. I can't see how pulls a stop an go on river then 3B it with only a Q.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see how pulls a stop an go on river then 3B it with only a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Because it wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't think this is anywhere near close.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:21 PM

The first hand is easier to play if you raise the flop. Given that you did call, I would actually consider raising for a free showdown, since it costs as much as calling down and it is easy to fold both to a 3-bet and a river donk. The reason I might consider this move is because of those times we are ahead, when a raise is really strong. The problem though is those times we get 3-bet by a flush we missed our chance to hit one of our 4 outs to a full house. Another problem is of course that we aren't necesserily good here one in four times, which corresponds to the effective odds we're getting, but I do see him having just a pair of 8's a fair amount of the time.

Hand 2 looks alright except for the fact that you didn't cap the river. You're ahead here a vast majority of the time, and since your raise is a cap he can't reraise anymore, making your raise super-easy.