Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 09:11 PM

Default worst beat EVER

I am taking my worst beat ever this year:

which begs the question how much do you hate taxes?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:41 PM

Default Re: worst beat EVER

Where is the option for getting a 4 figure refund?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:46 PM

I don't have a problem of any kind with paying my taxes. I do have a problem with some of the ways that this particular administration chooses to use my tax money, but that's out of my control. There are many, many people in this country who make a much more honest living than I do and for whom the taxes are a much greater burden. I don't feel entitled to the money I pay in taxes just because it flows through me before it gets to Uncle Sam, instead of being scraped from my paycheck.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:52 PM

You should get a 2nd * for that.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the option for getting a 4 figure PENALTY?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, for me.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:00 PM

Where's the option for "taxes are part of life, i suck it up"?
Old 03-22-2006, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem of any kind with paying my taxes. I do have a problem with some of the ways that this particular administration chooses to use my tax money, but that's out of my control. There are many, many people in this country who make a much more honest living than I do and for whom the taxes are a much greater burden. I don't feel entitled to the money I pay in taxes just because it flows through me before it gets to Uncle Sam, instead of being scraped from my paycheck.

[/ QUOTE ]

extremely well said.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same. I also will point out that given how our government is currently spending money -- wisely or not -- we (as a whole) are significantly undertaxed. One who cares about our government's fiscal issues should wish for us to either be taxed more or receive reduced government services.

I've seen a lot of suffering this past year. Not any of it involved W-2's or 1040s or Schedule C's. Having enough money to pay a lot of taxes is actually a pretty good beat. There are a lot of good honest decent people who don't.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should get a 2nd * for that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-22-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same. I also will point out that given how our government is currently spending money -- wisely or not -- we (as a whole) are significantly undertaxed. One who cares about our government's fiscal issues should wish for us to either be taxed more or receive reduced government services.

I've seen a lot of suffering this past year. Not any of it involved W-2's or 1040s or Schedule C's. Having enough money to pay a lot of taxes is actually a pretty good beat. There are a lot of good honest decent people who don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont mind being taxed more when i can get net payments for work.

i h8 paying it out of money i win

Barron