Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 05:35 PM

Default .5/1 ATo from SB against MP2 limper

MP2 seems slightly loose and a bit more aggressive than a typical player at this limit. I'm relatively new to the table so I'm not too confident with this read, though.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

MP2 limps first in, I'm putting him on 22-TT or Kx-Ax.

Flop: (3 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

There was no preflop action so I guess I have the best hand and bet out. MP2's raise means he's not afraid of me having the A. Likely he's also got the A with probably a worse kicker than mine, or maybe two pair (A6 or A3) or a set. A flush draw is also a possibility; he might be trying for a free card.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

If he completed his flush draw, has two pair, a set or an A with a better kicker (unlikely), I'm now beat. Still, I think that him having the A with a worse kicker is a good possibility, so I decide to call down. Although the pot is HU, it's not very big, and the number of villain's probable hands I beat has been reduced further due to the spade falling on the turn. Maybe folding here is the best option?

River: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 03-22-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: .5/1 ATo from SB against MP2 limper

I would iso the open-limper from the SB by raising, to drive out BB and get it HU.

I think you can 3-bet that flop. You said he's aggressive, so he could raise this flop with a worse kicker a lot, or a flush draw. I just limped in, so he probably does not have AK-AT. Our kicker is good a lot. Based on your turn action, I think I probably play the rest the same, expecting to see a flush maybe a bit more than a weaker ace. To summarize, I think you could have been more aggressive pre-flop and flop.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:53 PM

raise pf
Old 03-22-2006, 06:00 PM

Grunch...

First off I think the range you put him on for limping is way too narrow. If you see him as being kinda loose, he could have tons of other hands. Also you said he was aggressive so I would see him raising AJ or better pf so I like a raise on the flop, you could very well still have the best hand, and he'll let you know if you don't. If he 3bets I'll prolly call and reval on the turn. On the turn i'd prolly slow down like you did. That is all...

EDIT: Ah a pf raise to isolate that sounds cool. This IS a dumb question but you guys just complete w/ 2 limper right?
Old 03-22-2006, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: Ah a pf raise to isolate that sounds cool. This IS a dumb question but you guys just complete w/ 2 limper right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:28 PM

:grunch:

I am inclined to raise preflop. ATo is a good hand. repeat that.

I am also inclined to 3 bet that flop. refer above. now consider that BB just folded and it's HU.

keep the wheel on the turn and the river. Don't let bully you around and don't play into your worst fears of "did he just make the flush.

had the turn been lower than a T you would have 8 outs to beat his two pair.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP2 limps first in, I'm putting him on 22-TT or Kx-Ax.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably a bad hand range.

I'm usually raising preflop against one limper. But I'm not going to get on your case about limping it. If you limped AJo, that might be a bit different. A9o is often a limping hand for me (unless BB is tight).
Old 03-23-2006, 02:15 AM

You said the guy is a bit aggressive right -- three bet the flop. If he caps, I probably call down unless a spade shows up. If he calls, I lead the turn. Granted, the turn card here is pretty scary for us. If he raises this turn card, I'd strongly consider folding. If he calls, I probably check/call the river. I'd much prefer bet/folding it, but given that he's a little aggresive, I don't feel like have to face the decision of what to do if he raises the river.