Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 10:41 AM

Default Small pr blind defense(and a lucky flop)

This is my fourth time in the blind at this table. I've been playing very tight. CO is aggressive vs blinds - he's raised every hand that has been folded to him from MP3 or later.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

I'm guessing he's on a steal and want to push out BB since two players are much more likely to draw out on me than one. Is this too agg? Should I have just called and hoped that BB folded?

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Rockets and fireworks going off!! I slow down here to extract max from him at the higher bets. I'm thinking that my reraise pf and then bet/call here makes him think I've got AQ or better or med to high pr(since I've been playing tight).

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Ok...so obviously he has a hand here, but nothing I need to worry about.

River: (13.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Anybody find a way to get more out of this pot?
Old 03-22-2006, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Small pr blind defense(and a lucky flop)

You could have raised your hand on the flop. Really, do we need another quads hand?
Old 03-22-2006, 10:55 AM

I think that reraising against a possible steal from the SB with a small pocket was fine.

Also, I think that you definitely extracted as much as you could from this hand. As nice as it would be to get the pot capped on the turn and river, its just not going to happen !

I like your bet and call on the flop. Then I think that CO went crazy, when he 3-bet you on the turn. What could he have to make that a good play ?

Anyway NH.

Oh, and by the way. Dont post another could I have got more out of this quads hand. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

It upsets some of the better posters, because you dont get quads very often. They correctly prefer to focus on difficult hands to play, that you will get more frequently. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2006, 11:18 AM

: toxic grunch :

I think you only get more out of the pot if the diamond had given him a flush. You're pretty lucky he capped the turn. As it turns out it looks like the diamond may have stalled him.

Well done for betting into the flop and calling the raise. That's classically what I do when I've got nothing so you would have had me fooled. My instinct, in your position, would have been to make the far more suspicious manouevre of slow-playing (though that generally works out OK for me too).

Nice hand.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:21 AM

gotta do it
Old 03-22-2006, 01:42 PM

I debated not posting this, but after the hand I started second guessing the PF reraise(he had a legitimate hand). You're right - extracting the most with monsters is the least of our worries. We should be focusing on developing our skills with marginal hands. OK...no more quads hands.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I debated not posting this, but after the hand I started second guessing the PF reraise(he had a legitimate hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

legitimate question, maybe stopping teh action at pf would have been better.

[ QUOTE ]
You're right - extracting the most with monsters is the least of our worries.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I am just jealous as I haven't flopped quads for like a year. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2006, 02:15 PM

*grunch*

Doesn't seem like it, cause i think if you raise his turn bet, he's not continuing here unless he has a monster as well.

nh. I don't mind the 3bet with the 5s either, not sure other people's opinions cause i haven't looked yet but i like it read dependent.

Yeah, quad hands suck for this forum.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:46 PM

Looks great! Lucky you...