Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 04:42 AM

Default AJo pretty standard play?

Villain is 33.5/11 over about 400 hands. Not really very good, sort of loose passive.

Basically, is the pfr good in early position like that? How about my postflop play? Is this a pretty standard line? Obviously, I have the best read on this guy but what would you expect him to be holding?

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="gray">2 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font> , <font color="gray">4 folds</font> , Villain calls, <font color="gray">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">Villain raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

This is the first hand I've posted, I don't need to tell you to be honest. I look forward to posting/participating more in the Microlimit forum.

Thanks, TPK
Old 03-22-2006, 05:56 AM

Default Re: AJo pretty standard play?

Standard.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:07 AM

standard, I can possibly find a fold on the river.
Other streets are fine.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:15 AM

: toxic grunch :

Raise on the river is a bit of a surprise.

I was wondering if he was delaying raising you cos he had a 5, which would be really weird and devilish; but inconsistent with a pre-flop cold call, so I'm probably way off considering it.

Pocket 7s?

At any rate, I play it the same way. Although I might still be in the habit (not saying it's right, just saying it's a habit) of limping with AJo early position in spite of substantive discussions here telling me roundly that I'm a wrong-headed fool.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:44 AM

*Grunch*

Good raise PF. Can you think of anything he would just call with? 400 hands might give you something to conjecture.

Flop and Turn look good.

Good call on the river. I am going to guess he shows A7, maybe A5, after limping in PF.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:10 AM

What type of agro is this guy putting out overall or on each street? It looks to me like he trip'ed after the turn or that he hit a set on 5th.

Depending on wether or not this guy is super agressive on the river in situations like this (and it may be impossible to tell with only 400 hands), I might find a justification to fold here. Most of the time I would call it down elsewhere.

And I also limp in this position instead of raise on AJo about 60% of the time.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:25 AM

*Grunch*

I like it.

Nice value bet on the river, I see too many (weak) players missing these bets.

Call the raise, although it seems likely he just spiked his 7.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:06 AM

PF raise was fine.

Postflop play does look pretty standard. Villain probably had trip 5's, or else he is a weak player who called with 46s.

Now post a tricky hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome to the forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2006, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, I have the best read on this guy

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean you don't have the best read on the guy. You should have something more then 33.5/11 after playing with him for 400 hands. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Without a better read it is hard to say if you should call or fold the river. Other then that it looks standard.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:16 PM

Seems standard to me.

As for what he might have, since he called a pre-flop raise, I would put him on an A7, A5, A3 (hopefully suited since those are poor kickers) or Ax with x being a face card. Unfortunately, any of those will beat you unless it's AJ.

On the other hand, with a pot of 8.75 before your final call, if you do call, you only have to win a little over 10% of the time to break even (ignoring that you might tie), so I would call. I would expect to be beat, but I wouldn't be shocked if the guy is trying to bluff me either. I can't tell without a better read on the Villian, but unless I had some information that this guy never bluffed, I'd call given the pot size.