Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 11:53 PM

Default ATo Big Pot

No specific reads but Villains seem reasonable players for this limit. They aren't total donks but don't do things like FCP or jam a set.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Hero ???
Old 03-22-2006, 12:01 AM

Default Re: ATo Big Pot

fold pf
Old 03-22-2006, 12:05 AM

i fold this right now. only thing you can hope for is that some1 is betting with a q and someone else is raising on a fd. but i think the vast majority of the time here you are dominated. your bd draws are weak and you cant be happy about your kicker. i think you are effectively behind 90% of PF 3 betting hands with this flop

edit:

this pot isnt big enough to merit calling with a marginal/easily dominated hand
Old 03-22-2006, 12:28 AM

:grunch:
I'm thinking fold preflop. I don't like the preflop raise w/ A,10 in this situation because this hand just isn't strong enough. I know the whole thing about the training wheels, but it seems you don't have super good reads on your opponents anyway. I think on the flop, I might reraise and see what happens, but there's a good chance you're beat. If they show more aggression, then you should fold. I think this hand is all about not getting in the situation in the first place. However, I'm curious to see what others have to say.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:41 AM

Whether to raise or fold A10o in EP preflop is a much debated topic.

So to the flop. I think I could begrudgingly find a flop here but Ill admit in can be harder when actually at the table.

I just cant see hero beating both the SB and the BB here and even if we are ahead here then we are likely to be subject a wide variety of redraws that beat us. We have few draws if we are behind and they are possibly tainted. The further we go into the hand the more obligated we may be to see a SD. There are no prizes for second place. I fold.

I'd be more worried about BB here and so at a guess Ill put him on 66 or AQo
Old 03-22-2006, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 5 players to act behind us. This is a raise.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:19 AM

@OP: What's "FCP?"

[ QUOTE ]
fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

This is insanely weak-tight. MP1 is not early position, it's a mid position. If AJo is a raise UTG in virtually any game, certainly we can raise ATo from mid position here.

Flop is interesting; SB is probably betting the flop no matter what he has, so the question is if BB would raise less than top pair. If the BB was the pf 3bettor, the SB donked into him and the BB raised again, I'd say we have to fold, but with the action as given BB could very well have a draw or worse A given that he just called from the BB. And we have position on both of our opponents, making it easier to get away on the turn if it turns out that hero's hand is no good.

If I'm continuing in the hand at all, it's by calling this and reevaluating on the turn. Our hand won't benefit much from a "protection" reraise and my estimation of whether we're ahead has a lot to do with how SB reacts to the flop raise.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:37 AM

I would fold the flop, I think it's a pretty big overlay to think we have the best hand nearly often enough as it's going to be expensive to see the river. If you're going to play, I would just cold call, you are not getting SB to fold a hand you beat, and keeping him around with KK or JJ to pad the pot is not a bad thing.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:04 AM

I think this is just a matter of estimating your outs. Given the preflop action I doubt your ace is good, which gives us something like 4-5 outs. I would say this is a fold.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the preflop action I doubt your ace is good, which gives us something like 4-5 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of legitimate 3bet hands that don't include an A.