Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 08:25 PM

Default Jeopardy! Online Test

I just got an email with a link to the online test going down next week. Give it a shot!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Jeopardy! Online Test

Thanks for this, sometimes I feel like the only possible point of my life is to appear on Jeopardy!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:45 PM

Some former five-time champion (back when there was such a thing) wrote a book called, "How to Win on Jeopardy!". I highly recommend it, for anyone planning to take the test. Really gets you prepared for what you need to know.

Great section on bet sizing. Also pointers on that tricky buzzer.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:58 PM

Oh man, I'm excited. I'll actually probably try to get that book, too.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:29 PM

I tried out a few years ago. We were given 50 questions via a video tape - they were displayed and read Jeopardy! style. All we had were blanks on our paper - if we didn't know a question, we had to do our best to remember it if we wanted to come back to it.

I believe we needed something like 35 out of 50 to get to the next round, the live game test. I didn't find out my score because I didn't pass, but based on the answers they reviewed, I think I got around 31 correct.

It was difficult, but not impossible by any means. I actually tried out for Weakest Link when it first started (those were the only two gameshows I ever tried out for) - that test was A LOT harder than Jeopardy!
Old 03-20-2006, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some former five-time champion (back when there was such a thing)

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have five-time champs now? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried out a few years ago. We were given 50 questions via a video tape - they were displayed and read Jeopardy! style. All we had were blanks on our paper - if we didn't know a question, we had to do our best to remember it if we wanted to come back to it.

I believe we needed something like 35 out of 50 to get to the next round, the live game test. I didn't find out my score because I didn't pass, but based on the answers they reviewed, I think I got around 31 correct.

It was difficult, but not impossible by any means. I actually tried out for Weakest Link when it first started (those were the only two gameshows I ever tried out for) - that test was A LOT harder than Jeopardy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the Jeopardy test was not that hard. I thought it was fairly consistent with the level of questions on the show. If you are getting most (>75%) when you watch, you should do well on the test.

When I tried out, only 5 out of about 100 passed the test. I was pretty surprised that the number was that low. We then played some mock games, which was a screen test, as far as I could tell. The contestant coordinator told us that we were all most likely going to get on the show. When I went to LA, I recognized one of the people I auditioned with.

The whole thing was a lot of fun, I highly recommend giving it a shot.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't have five-time champs now? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They used to retire five-time champs, so "five-time champs" was a category that could be used to describe an undefeated player in the past. They lifted that restriction 18 or 24 months ago (see Jennings, Ken).
Old 03-21-2006, 01:26 AM

[censored] the buzzer

from what i remember, at my audition, you needed a 40/50 to advance. they never told us what we scored, though. regardless, it's pretty easy - anyone who is getting a lot of the questions on the show should do fine.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually tried out for Weakest Link when it first started (those were the only two gameshows I ever tried out for) - that test was A LOT harder than Jeopardy!

[/ QUOTE ]
I tried out for "Weakest Link," too, and I cleaned house on the quiz (I got 17 out of 20, and nobody else I talked to got more than 15). But they openly admitted that they weren't necessarily looking for the smartest people in the room, just the best ones for the show. Since I'm about as telegenic as ten pounds of monkey [censored], it's no wonder I wasn't selected.