Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Everyone Hate this Flop play?

wanted to see the turn before i became aggressive since a raise wouldnt accomplish anything. This hated by everyone?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls??? :: disgusting?
Old 03-20-2006, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Everyone Hate this Flop play?

R A I S E. You probably have the best hand, and there's no need to wait for the turn to committ your chips. You only fear about six cards.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:46 PM

Yeah, you should just pop now. What if an aggro SB three-bets with ATo or JJ (he semi-cold called three PF)?

I would reserve the turn raise for a 2c Jh Th board, for example. Then you have about fifteen more scare cards.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:05 PM

Answer: Yes
Reason: Uncoordinated board, value
Additionally: Say someone improves on the turn, or another Q hits the board. Perhaps they'll bet into you, or not believe you when you bet the Q.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:07 PM

Pop it one time. Make em pay. Seriously though I probably put the SB on AT or KT. There is only about 6 cards that scare you. A raise here accomplishes plenty. Puts your chips in the pot with the best of it.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:21 PM

Raise and trap the field for 2 bet while you can.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:47 PM

I think you should raise, but my major concern is a reason I don't think anyone's brought up:

You have no gaurentee you'll get bet into on the turn.

You'd be amazed how often you will call here on the flop hoping to pop a safe turn and end up seeing a whole bunch of checks in front of you...

I also think that we likely have such high equity right now that passing up this value opportunity would be bad. If the turn card is a blank usually we're just going to lose the interest of a ton of our opponents. Our opponents usually will be wrong to have put 2 SB in on this flop, so let's capitalize on that. Failing to do so will let them often see the turn for 1 SB and then fold on the turn, playing the hand close to correctly. Raising now capitalizes on more mistakes.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:04 PM

In addition to the other replies, are you gonna let a K or an A fall off on the turn cheap? Charge as much as possible for that draw. If the bettor flopped a set or 2 pair, he'll let you know.