Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 11:19 AM

Default $100 PLO, Mixed Draws In Position

$100 PLO. Hero has a buy-in. B2 and MP1 are deep-stacked. MP2 has a buy-in. All three foes are loose. Critique of all streets welcome.

Dealt to Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PRE-FLOP
B1 posts blind ($1), B2 posts blind ($1), 3 folds, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, Hero calls $1, 1 fold, B1 checks, B2 checks.

($5) FLOP [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
B1 checks, B2 bets $2, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, Hero bets $15, B1 folds, B2 calls $13, MP1 calls $13, MP2 calls $13.

($65) TURN [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
B2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Re: $100 PLO, Mixed Draws In Position

I think it looks fine and I like the check behind on the turn. Someone could easily be looking for a check/raise opportunity and seeing a free card with that moderate draw is probably best. This is especially the case with loose opponents, where if one EP opponent calls with a weak draw, he gives proper odds to those with better flushes/other draws.

On the River, obviously bet any non-heart 6, 9, T or J. A heart is more likely to harm than help. The same is true of a paired board.

If you were heads up against someone with just 5-6 or even better a set, I would definitely pump up the turn. 4-way is is just too likely that many of your outs are counterfieted.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:25 PM

How deep is MP1?
Old 03-20-2006, 02:58 PM

The value of firing a second barrel there is that you might push out a higher flush draw and/or eliminate a difficult decision when the river brings a heart.

The value in checking behind is the freecard. Are you planning on laying down to a PSB on the river when a heart comes?
Old 03-20-2006, 03:03 PM

I think he was sitting with around $400 or $500.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:50 PM

This one is close, but I would probably check behind here. 3 players calling a big raise on the flop tells me there are other people with big draws and makes it more likely the nuts are out. I think you have very little fold equity on the turn since the pot is so big now.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The value in checking behind is the freecard. Are you planning on laying down to a PSB on the river when a heart comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having failed to clean up my outs on the flop, I would very likely pass to a PSB on a river heart, especially since my check-behind on the turn has announced "draw" to one and all.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:58 PM

If you can make the river laydown then I think the check behind is > repot I think,

BUT on the other hand the turn changed nothing. Most people with the nut straight are going to get their money in on the flop, as they had ample opportunity to do. Very few people slowplay a straight this vulnerable. Since the turn changed nothing, I think I would make a 1/2 to 2/3rds pot bet here some of the time. People are often willing to draw to one card, but not two. This might clear out some of the draws that might beat or tie you (or it might not) and give you a few extra %points of EV.

Also, this better disguises your hand when you do hit and increases the pot size so that you can get the rest of your chips in if you hit, rather than 2/3rds of them.

It's the higher variance play, and def not one you should make all of the time, but I think it has some value as well, especially against observant opponents who will remember what you did later on.

Also, if the river bricks out, you might be able to fire the third barrel and take it down against tighter opponents with nothing, something that you could not do by checking. Of course, you would need to know your opponents well enough to believe they would fold a set /two pair/non-nut straight on the river if you pushed.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very few people slowplay a straight this vulnerable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very few people 3 bet the flop OOP with a straight this vulnerable.

I think the check behind is good on fourth street, and I probably give up on the river UI. These are loose players and there are an awful lot of them, so not a good time to bluff.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very few people slowplay a straight this vulnerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many donks 3 bet the flop OOP with a straight this vulnerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP