Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2006, 10:14 PM

Default Strategy Advice?

Hey all,

Love this site. I owe what success (nothing major, but still success!) to this forum and the books I have read, mainly Harrington, as well as Sklansky. Here is my question. I have built up a good amount of bodog tourney points and am trying to figure out the best way to turn these points into cash. I mainly play tourneys and a lot of 1 table sit and gos. I do pretty well in the sit and goes. In the tourneys, I normally cash, but rarely at top levels. I do not consider myself a good player, but I am better than many I play against. I am more concerned with making money than winning a seat in the WSOP, although I'd love that, as well. With my bodog points, I can play in a number of 100k tournaments. I played this one once and came in 18th. Or, I can try bodog's WSOP guaranteed tournaments that pays 1 prize package per 50 entries. 1 out of 50 is not good odds, but that is what I have at bodog. What would you do? Play the 100K or go for a WSOP seat (plus a couple of 100k entries left over)? I am at that point where I need to stop accumulating the tourney points and start playing for the big bucks

Thanks for any advice.
Virg