Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2006, 03:17 PM

Default QQ, what\' s your play?

Villain is 64/18/2.3 after 60 hands. I don't have a great read on him, but he's overplaying some hands and getting lucky....

One other thing to note... I am not sitting on the proper side of this guy.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Standard 3-bet and ready to cap, but no one does.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Is this a reraise here? I really wish I had position and a better read.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

I decided to call it down from here.

River: (8.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 03-18-2006, 03:35 PM

Default Re: QQ, what\' s your play?

Three bet.

With no draws out - if he caps - fold.

Wow - did I just really say that?

Or just fold - C/C seems like a really poopy option.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2006, 03:46 PM

64/18/2.3 makes it just about impossible to know what villain has here. The nice thing is that UTG+1 folds on the flop, so you can call down without worrying about a betting war breaking out.

I'm thinking about the virtues of bet/folding the river. However, 1) if he actually folds, I probably lose a big bet here, 2) if he calls with a K, he gets the same one BB from me, and 3) given his numbers, I'd be tempted to call his raise. So I think calling down is the right play.

He probably turns over K3 and I swear. However, from his raise on the flop on, we're getting 16.5:5 small bets to call down. Given this guy's stats, I think we win at least 23% of the time.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:58 PM

*grunch*

Well, calling down is definitely +EV, being that you only need to be good about 1 in 4 times.

So, do we 3-bet the flop? Could you really c/f the turn if he capped the flop? Would he cap with middle pair? I think I would hate to fold this in such a large pot, therefore, we need to get to showdown as cheaply as possible, so I think you played it right.

I think it's one of those WA/WB hands where you want him betting the whole way if he's behind and you don't want to have to call any raises if he's ahead.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:00 PM

I know that he is a maniac...but still....you 3-bet preflop.....a broadway card falls on a drawless board....if he had a set, he would slowplay it to not drive out UTG+1.....with his PFR number of 18, he would presumably raise any pocket pair preflop....so we are left with, he's raising to protect his hand....the only thing he can be protecting is Kx.......I know it is weak-sauce but I would fold the flop.........
Old 03-18-2006, 04:07 PM

I'd much rather take this to showdown against a near-maniac than adopting any line that involves folding to aggression.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with his PFR number of 18, he would presumably raise any pocket pair preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn, I didn't think of that, but I think this makes a call down argument stronger. There's no way you're folding to a guy that would raise here with anything in this large pot.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:38 PM

OK....I guess I'm wrong. If the guy will raise with air, then obviously we should call down. I would think that after 60 hands, this might be something that you might notice and it be a significant component of your read....
Old 03-18-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Re: QQ, what\' s your play? (Results)

Right again. Probably should have 3-bet... though this guy is probably not going anywhere.

Villain shows 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].. for the win with two pair, 9's and 7's.

I am completely frustrated with my 93BB downswing over the past 2K, I keep running into these jokers and they get lucky.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:06 PM

I like the way you played this. He is a maniac so you can't give him credit for the K. Play it WA/WB. NH.