Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2006, 04:06 AM

Default Tell me I was dumb, I can take it

Live 1/2 NL game, so no HH...

3 limpers to me on the button. I raise to 8 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB (Villian) has sat one orbit, played 9 hands,raised 4 times, and caught constantly. He's up almost a buyin in one orbit. SB folds. Villain in the BB raises to 30. Two calls and I call.

Flop is something, something K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checks to me on the button, I bet 10, BB limp reraises all in. He has me by $5.00. I call.

Some jackass to my right says "Big slick vs big slick." Everyone else folds.

Turn and river unimportant as villian shows set of K's to my A KK.

Given all that, is that a call? I am sorta stuck on this one, as SB says after the cards are up "Gotta call..." I think given SB's reaction, I shoulda folded.

Is this really a case of "Go broke here" ? I made a couple of amazing laydowns tonight, set of K's vs set of A's on my way to being stuck 2 buyins. This hand is the only one that haunts me.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Tell me I was dumb, I can take it

Villain did everything possible to indicate great strength. that preflop reraise was substantial. In a live game, reads are everything for me. You said villain was mowing the table down and playing 100% of hands. Given that information it would be a marginal call, but live game decisions are never all about the cards for me.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:58 AM

This happened to me once sort of... live game against a very flash LAG who was throwing unknown stacks of chips into the pot blind preflop (random bets of like $24 etc.) He sits an orbit doing this and finally I look down and see AKs. He does his standard $20-30 PF raise from UTG, I am CO and push for about 80 total (was down a little over half a buyin after a couple of painful calls), figuring I will call him on his nonsense. He insta-calls and flips KK. Bang. flop the flush draw but only tears come.

The key difference here is you got to see actual strength. pre-flop and on the flop. I don't know why you said he limp-reraised though. The way you describe the action he raised pretty big PF and C/R the flop. This should put you on your guard. I think another thing to take into account is the actual style of his betting. Was he raising so big preflop with garbage (in the few hands you had seen) or was his standard move smaller? Did he check-raise w/ weak hands? And of course, are you willing to get stacked if he has AA or any set?
Old 03-18-2006, 06:56 AM

*Grunching*

You're dumb.

*Not Grunching*

Stack sizes? I might push pre-flop against the supposed shorty.