Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Reporting collusion at Eurobet

Has anyone ever reported possible collusion at Eurobet? I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it was going on. 2 guys (at a 5max table) who were in nearly every pot (both had vpip >80) would raise and reraise each other when there were any other players in the pot with them. Then, as soon as the outsider folded, the other suspected colluder would fold, often for that very bet or the next one.

For example, three to the flop, colluder 1 bets, other player calls, colluder 2 raises, colluder 1 reraises, other player folds, colluder 2 folds.

Sometimes they'd call that and fold to turn bet, but the pattern was similar. Though they did have some legitimate hands, they showed down some total garbage (Q high on a board with AK and 3 to a flush for 4 bets on river). Additionally, they both left the table after the same hand. I dropped a note to Eurobet's poker manager, but I have no clue how to handle it otherwise.

Has anyone else seen suspected collusion like this? How did you handle it? Did Euro (or any other room) do anything useful about it?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Reporting collusion at Eurobet

[ QUOTE ]
Though they did have some legitimate hands, they showed down some total garbage (Q high on a board with AK and 3 to a flush for 4 bets on river). Additionally, they both left the table after the same hand. I dropped a note to Eurobet's poker manager, but I have no clue how to handle it otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they usually showed down garbage then i wouldve taken advantage of that.

I have however reported collusion at pokerroom, and they never emailed me back. I don't think the players got their accounts closed either.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:13 PM

I've reported possible collusion on a few occasions. If you ever have doubts, just report it. Then the site can go over the activity with a fine-toothed comb. If you have trouble with a smaller skin, try a bigger skin on the same network.

Pokerroom's policy is to not inform you of what the disposition is of the case.

Most sites are much better at chat banning than banning for cheating, though I know some people on pokeroom that did play money that cheated, got reported, and were no longer allowed to play real money and had to maneuver a bit to keep their privileges even for play money.

I've gotten people that spoke to try to influence a hand, that revealed their hand while the hand was in play, and that spoke in some language other than English despite my request that they do not when a hand is in play chat banned on pokerroom and celebpoker (took about 5 minutes on celebpoker--I was very satisfied).

So I know they do something in some cases. Supposedly, they have a team that checks up on suspicious activity as well as a number of software safeguards.

I'm not sure what the various PokerNetwork skins do in terms of communicating with each other about cheating players.

Pokerroom (to its credit) is very hush hush about exactly what procedures and safeguards are in place to deal with cheaters.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever reported possible collusion at Eurobet? I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it was going on. 2 guys (at a 5max table) who were in nearly every pot (both had vpip >80) would raise and reraise each other when there were any other players in the pot with them. Then, as soon as the outsider folded, the other suspected colluder would fold, often for that very bet or the next one.

For example, three to the flop, colluder 1 bets, other player calls, colluder 2 raises, colluder 1 reraises, other player folds, colluder 2 folds.

Sometimes they'd call that and fold to turn bet, but the pattern was similar. Though they did have some legitimate hands, they showed down some total garbage (Q high on a board with AK and 3 to a flush for 4 bets on river). Additionally, they both left the table after the same hand. I dropped a note to Eurobet's poker manager, but I have no clue how to handle it otherwise.

Has anyone else seen suspected collusion like this? How did you handle it? Did Euro (or any other room) do anything useful about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not collusion. When you find a situation like this get down on your hands and knees and pray to Sklanskyanity that it never goes away.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not collusion. When you find a situation like this get down on your hands and knees and pray to Sklanskyanity that it never goes away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but two people working together against the rest of the table seems like a pretty clear-cut case of collusion. They're working together -- what more do you need? I would have loved it if I had any real strong hands in this session, but I didn't hit much. Plus, this kind of play pretty much blows up odds on draws that have no showdown value if they don't come in.

I realize their strategy is beatable if I let them bet my strong hands for me, but that has no bearing on whether or not it's collusion.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:50 PM

I should specify that they didn't have to show down very often at all, and when they did, usually one had a strong hand (at Eurobet you don't see mucked losing hands in the hand history, as far as I know). But they did show trash more than once.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:53 PM

this sounds like a situation in which these two people know each other, are colluding, but could care less about the money and are just trying to have a good time. seriously, why report them? they may be colluding but they are donating chips big time. theres no reason to get their accounts revoked.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you do realize that you are all suckers playing short handed at eurobet right?

the rake will just kill all of you.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you do realize that you are all suckers playing short handed at eurobet right?

the rake will just kill all of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as soon as I clear my bonus I'm out of there, unmentionable or not. I didn't realize how bad it was until I played there a bit. It's brutal.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but two people working together against the rest of the table seems like a pretty clear-cut case of collusion. They're working together -- what more do you need? I would have loved it if I had any real strong hands in this session, but I didn't hit much. Plus, this kind of play pretty much blows up odds on draws that have no showdown value if they don't come in.

I realize their strategy is beatable if I let them bet my strong hands for me, but that has no bearing on whether or not it's collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's reverse the situation. Do you think that you and a partner could do well playing this way? What kind of an edge do you think you would have?

Don't forget that every time the "team" loses a hand they are laying two to one.