Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Suited crap in the BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Comments?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Suited crap in the BB

UTG looks pretty aggressive. You played it fine.
I think you have 14 outs on the turn. Calculate your equity and see how many players you need for jamming to be +EV.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:21 PM

I just call the flop raise, you would really like BB to come with. Yeah you have a pair and a flush draw, but it's second pair and their's a bet and a raise in front of you, the pair just added some extra outs in my mind. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:26 PM

Much like JerBear's hand earlier, just call the flop raise. If you have a cold-caller in between you can raise it up, but you don't want to blow the players behind out out of the pot.

The rest looks fine.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:35 PM

*Grunch*

Seems fine to me. The only thing I can think of is maybe not reraising on the flop because your reraise likely pushed the BB out.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just call the flop raise. If you have a cold-caller in between you can raise it up, but you don't want to blow the players behind out out of the pot.

The rest looks fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

With three people committed to the pot, you have strong equity, but if you make it HU, you won't win as big of a pot.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:30 PM

With only two limpers, preflop may be a fold.

I like the rest. On the flop, I give you 13-14 outs, which makes this a marginal call/raise situation. You're right at 50% to make your hand by the river. However, if 3-betting gets another T to fold (as a T not on a flush draw should), you're buying the set here if another T does fall.

Easy call on the turn.

UTG+1 raised on the flop, then bet out on the next two streets. I don't think we're ahead even the 8% we need to be to make the river call. Unless I have notes that he's a habitual bluffer, this is an easy fold. Nice flop that just never made--tough luck.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:31 PM

no 3 bet on the flop