Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 02:30 AM

Default Another river question...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero ...

Final Pot: 12 BB

villian is 55/16/2.0 over 180 hands. I have been at the table for about 10 hands so far and have seen nothing crazy, but his stats indicate he is capable of weird [censored] (nothing is ringing a bell though as I don't remember playing against him ever).

edit: Button has 30/20/1.2 stats over 100 hands and that was all the info I had on him at the time
Old 03-17-2006, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Another river question...

Call. You're getting 11-1.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:43 AM

Pretty tough to read hands when nobody raised anywhere except the river. The board is so butt ugly and you will expect to lose here almost always but closing the action I think you just put in the last bet and don't lose too much sleep over it.

WTF is a 30/20 guy doing open limping on the button anyway. Sure looks like he was getting tricky with a hand like a big pair and was planning on raising a safe turn but changed his plan when the turn was hideous. Bizarre stuff.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:29 AM

I guilt myself into a call here.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty tough to read hands when nobody raised anywhere except the river. The board is so butt ugly and you will expect to lose here almost always but closing the action I think you just put in the last bet and don't lose too much sleep over it.

WTF is a 30/20 guy doing open limping on the button anyway. Sure looks like he was getting tricky with a hand like a big pair and was planning on raising a safe turn but changed his plan when the turn was hideous. Bizarre stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

This 30/20 ended up being a complete donk. I think it's a coincidence that his numbers line up with what some in this forum think is optimal as he did not make many optimal plays. Of course, I did not have this read when this hand came up, this hand helped to develop this read.

I put him on a big pair just like you did and that is why I overcalled on the river. Loose guy has the 8 and apparent TAG has J7o. Like I said, it wasn't just this hand, but many after it as well, that made me realize that this 30/20 was a donk. Tough to know that until after this hand has played out though.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:10 PM

Is your question whether to three bet or whether to call.

If it's whether or not to call that's just silly.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it silly? To not consider it on this board is a little short sighted is it not?

What do you think he is raising with here?
Old 03-17-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it silly? To not consider it on this board is a little short sighted is it not?

What do you think he is raising with here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I considered the board for half a second and then thought "I've got top two and I'm getting 11:1 to make the call"

You only have to correct, what, 7% of the time? How can you be 93%+ certain you are beat here.

Not to mention that the stats on villian indicate he is a nutter
Old 03-17-2006, 10:07 PM

3bet.

Read the board closely. If he has a straight he made it on the turn and delayed raising it. Those types dont usually slowplay, they usually pound everything regardless. It really looks like he picked up a pair of jacks and said "hey time to raise"
Old 03-17-2006, 10:22 PM

3betting is stupid as if BB is going to raise the turn when he has someone behind him.

30/20 guy is probably just going to call as well hopefully getting another bet out of you.

Just call and hope he hit 2 pair or just a big jack.