Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 07:16 PM

Default Bayou bonus changes

Can someone give me the lowdown on how their bonus changed? I have never seen a poker site change their bonus policies for the better so I am assuming the bonus has gotten worse.

Also I cant get any of my poker bonus money to transfer into my poker account, thus I am not clearing any bonus from what I can tell. Is anyone else having these problems?
Old 03-16-2006, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Bayou bonus changes

Bump.. They sent me this after I posted. BTW I still cant get any bonus money to transfer.

Attention: All BayouPoker Players

Effective immediately, BayouPoker has been enforced by its licensor and network to implement a newly restructured bonus system for poker play.

Bonus Clearing

•The ratio for how bonuses are cleared has changed. Players are issued points at a rate of .07 points for every ten cents of rake per hand. The player does need to contribute the entire ten cents, but he needs to be part of the hand that has the rake contributed.

So if all ten players are in a hand that contributes 80 cents in rake, then each player will be given .56 points.

•The ratio for how points are cleared for every dollar is set to 10:1 (ten points for every dollar).

How Are Points Awarded?

Ring Games:
7 Player Points are awarded for every dollar paid in rake. So a rake of $3 will award all players in the hand 7 * $3 = 21 points.

Tournaments:
5 player points are awarded for every paid dollar in entry fee (real money tournaments). For example, if you enter a $10 + 1 tournament, you will be awarded 5 * $1 = 5 points, if you enter a $20 + $2 tournament, you will be awarded 5 * $2 = 10 points.
The points are awarded when the tournament finishes.

Bonus Dispersal & Use

•$50 will be the lowest allowed increment of bonus release.

•Players will be required to clear their entire bonus and then they will receive that entire bonus.

For example, if the player is given a fifty dollar bonus then he will be required to place wagers until the entire fifty dollar bonus has been cleared. The player will then have the fifty dollar bonus issued into his account.

•There will be an expiry date attached to each bonus. The bonus will need to clear before the expiry date, which we have set to the maximum available – 90 days.

•There will be a new section in the “My Account” area for players which displays their total earned Bonus Points and the details of any pending bonus that they might have.

•Players will have their current free money balance, up to $100, available for transferring into poker bonuses immediately.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if all ten players are in a hand that contributes 80 cents in rake, then each player will be given .56 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So a rake of $3 will award all players in the hand 7 * $3 = 21 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think somebody has the math mixed up in several places. You should either be getting 5.6 points in the first example or 2.1 points in the second.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:22 AM

Got the same and then another email that fixed the math problems in the previous email.

"For every ten (10) poker bonus points you accumulate, you earn $1 (one dollar) of your bonus. Once you have accumulated enough points to earn your full bonus, it will automatically be transferred into your account."

"For ring game play, poker bonus points are awarded on the following scale. For every $0.10 (ten cents) in rake you contribute, you earn 0.07 of a player point. So if you contribute the maximum rake amount ($3/hand), then you earn 2.1 poker bonus points for that hand."

It appears that you have to contribute about $15 in rake to receive $1 in bonus. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2006, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It appears that you have to contribute about $15 in rake to receive $1 in bonus. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, this doesn't sound good. I was about to sign up at Bayou because the bonuses gave what was essentially 50% contributed rakeback. This doesn't even come close.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:13 PM

there is an excel download on the promotions page of Bayou that helps dtermine the %% of return. you can adjust the number of players at the table as well as the rake. It does not tak into consideration hands you dont play, but it gives a good general idea.

Mike
Old 03-17-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is an excel download on the promotions page of Bayou that helps dtermine the %% of return. you can adjust the number of players at the table as well as the rake. It does not tak into consideration hands you dont play, but it gives a good general idea.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on BW when you first started posting there about bayou....that was really cool to see the begginnings of a poker site, and how you developed....but now....honestly there is no point for you to really advertise there or here anymore....bayou has now just officially become the same as every other pokerroom site out there....a little worse actually. No offense to you at all...you seem like a really cool guy, but the network seems to have you by the balls....and that's not our problem. It wasnt "cool" to play there because you posted here and on BW, and could answer all our whoring questions....it was "cool" because it was like 50% RB when there wasnt a better deal out there. Money talks...Network BS walks.

GL man, I know this is probably a nightmare right now for you.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:38 PM

i agree with you believe me. its ashame they cant see the big picture. I wish i had my own network and software. Its an absolute nightmare. Honestly Ive never really put any $$ in my pocket on this site so its not about losing $$, its more of a face thing for me. Ill just continue to try and make it work, dont have much other choice. It makes me feel like an [censored] because of all the promises and effort I made base on what the higher ups promise me and then take back. It makes me sick to think they are the ones causing all of this crap but I and the other "minnows" take the heat while people still play on their site. Its really crazy how all this works and what Ive learned in this business. Later down the line Im going to start a players union site that gives the REAL inside into all of this to the players. I cant wait to share this with others so they REALLY know who is responsible and whats going on. I can assure you, one way or the other, its going to come out and they will get theirs.

M
Old 03-17-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with you believe me. its ashame they cant see the big picture. I wish i had my own network and software. Its an absolute nightmare. Honestly Ive never really put any $$ in my pocket on this site so its not about losing $$, its more of a face thing for me. Ill just continue to try and make it work, dont have much other choice. It makes me feel like an [censored] because of all the promises and effort I made base on what the higher ups promise me and then take back. It makes me sick to think they are the ones causing all of this crap but I and the other "minnows" take the heat while people still play on their site. Its really crazy how all this works and what Ive learned in this business. Later down the line Im going to start a players union site that gives the REAL inside into all of this to the players. I cant wait to share this with others so they REALLY know who is responsible and whats going on. I can assure you, one way or the other, its going to come out and they will get theirs.

M

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you give us the insight that others are afraid to...Man Id seriously love to work with you, you seem to really know how to run a customer-buisness (Im not being sarcastic)....whenever you decide to branch off, let me know, I'll be there to sign up....and If you need to hire some people, I have a resume waiting for you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GL
Old 03-17-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, this doesn't sound good. I was about to sign up at Bayou because the bonuses gave what was essentially 50% contributed rakeback. This doesn't even come close.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not how much you personally contribute in rake, it's what the hand is raked. The bonus is exactly like all of the other 10x bonuses on the Ongame Network now. The old Bayou system was 50% contributed rakeback paid out in small chunks. The new system is about 70% non-contributed rakeback (much bette than the old 50%) for full ring games and 35% non-contribured for shorthanded games (which ALWAYS returns less rakeback unless it's a contributed system). Though there was some disagreement about this because I swear I got it before, we also know for sure that tournament fees count towards bonuses too now.

The fact that out old free money dollars can be converted to bonuses is kind of nice because I thought we were going to lose them. And for smaller stakes players, that means you can set the bonus increment using the converter to as low as $10 needing only 100 pts.

There are better deals out there for microlimit bonuses, though they are getting harder to find, but this is still an excellent bonus for players who play 3/6 and up and it's not bad at 2/4. The 7x signup bonuses out there are obviously better but I haven't seen a reload on the Ongame network better than 10x in a while.

[edit] ok, I missed the part about the min $50 increments and I guess that's changed since I converted some of my free money to bonus money.

But honestly, all things being even on the Ongame network, I'm going to play at Bayou and (probably a bit on CheckNraise since they're sending me to the WSOP ME). Now being a bonus whore, I'm clearing any bonuses that beat 10x first of course but long term I'm going to stick with the sites that bend over backwards to reach out to their customers and few sites can match the efforts that Mike has made.