Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:04 PM

Default MY FRONT PAGE - PLEASE STOP SUCKING

The following is my personal therapy session,

Past the stickies, I have this:

. SNG question
<font color="red">This post sucks because: Not only is it a trivially simple question, which you can't be mad about every time (I can, but I'll give the rest of you the benefit of the doubt), but look at that title. You know what is like the only title I hate more? "Hand 1," and the like. This is bad. Stop sucking.</font>

. What factors do you consider most important in the $10 STTs
<font color="red">This post sucks because: It's totally unintelligible in every way. This is bad. Stop sucking.</font>

. PP: Aussie Million Steps Questions
<font color="red">This post sucks because: The question has been asked approximately 2 bajillion times before. There's more reasons why this sucks, but I have more threads to get on to. This is bad. Stop sucking.</font>

. request for VIP status response
<font color="red">This post sucks because: It was approximately the 80 jillionth time someone's started a post aout VIP status in the last week. No one gives a damn what your deal is. We don't want to hear it. If you don't have a deal, your business is with party, not with making a post. So, yeah, This is bad. Stop sucking.</font>

. EV
<font color="blue">This post doesn't suck because: This one isn't so bad. it's a beginner question and all, but at least the person phrased it as a question and all that good stuff.</font>

. OT: Height of Irony
<font color="red">This post sucks because: It's stuck in here with the rest of this crap. It sucks no more and no less than all the other SFB threads of this sort, which are normally tolerable, but the general level of crappitude around here makes this less fun</font>

. My avatar didn't even last 24 hours
<font color="red">This post sucks because: Beyond the initial suckitude of this thread for discussing moderation, this thread devolved into a stupid bumpathon. This is bad. Stop sucking</font>

. Step 4: Trips, out of position, no kicker
<font color="blue">This thread doesn't suck because: OMFG it's content!</font>

. derosnec's hand, 55 UTG in the money
<font color="red">This thread doesn't suck only because a moderator saved it from abject suckitude and flame warriness. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. This is bad. Stop sucking</font>

. Party VIP deal
<font color="red">This post sucks because: See last comments on Party VIP deals. This is bad. Stop sucking.</font>

. OT: Is winning 1st in 4 out of a set of 8 a grand slam?
<font color="red">This thread sucks because: It's here in the combination of the rest of the crap. Again, it's a fine piece of forum silliness, and would be much easier to look at if the rest of the crap wasn't on the front page.</font>

. $110 Sit'n'go satellite, late stage agressiveness?
<font color="blue">This post doesn't suck because: OMFG Content! Keep it up!</font>

. Bellagio Satellite Deal Proposal
<font color="blue">See above</font>

. [$215] PP Step 3 JJ against early bet

. $11 QQ over paired board + straight flush draw

. Did Party stop emailing SNG HH's?
<font color="red">This thread sucks because: remember my comments about asking a question that's been asked a jillion times recently? That one. This is bad. Stop it.</font>

. Betting time and other online tells in SNG's
<font color="red">This thread sucks because: There's a million old posts about exactly these topics, and they all come to the same conclusion: online tells suck. There, I "answered" your thread. This is bad. Stop sucking.</font>

. ($22) slowplaying AA HU
<font color="red">This thread sucks because: The poster plays the hand very amateurishly. And, it could be a masked bad beat post. However, the poster later seems to have reconsider his line, and swears it's not a bad beat post. Possibly not as bad as it looks.</font>

. (109) more AQ bubble fun with raptor
<font color="blue">This thread doesn't suck</font>

. (22) 1xBB left 88
<font color="blue">This thread doesn't suck too badly[/b]

Now my problem here really is all these red posts. Please note how many of them are at the top, and how the blue posts are falling to the bottom. This is a sign that we, as a collective, have made a decision to suck, replying over and over again to the crappiest posts, and letting strategy discussions sink and sink and sink. THIS IS BAD. STOP SUCKING. You may have recently noticed that many of the best strategy posters have stopped posting here much, or at all. This is due to this exact problem. THIS IS BAD. STOP SUCKING.

citanul
Old 11-16-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: MY FRONT PAGE - PLEASE STOP SUCKING

I will be taking up a collection to get Citty laid. All those interested please send to Daliman on PP, name A michael ORourke. No more than $5 each please, though. RUsh street hooker is fine.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:13 PM

Sorry Citanul, one of those red posts was mine. I've been having so much here at 2+2 STTF that I've started treating it like my living room. I'll stop.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:19 PM

You forgot:

. Moving up to $10 or $20
Old 11-16-2005, 05:19 PM

Dear Mr. "Citanul" Person....Please "GFY"; then, meet-up with Mr. "I play g00T" and both of you "GFY's"; then, meet-up with Mr. Kyro and all three "GFY's"; then, and only then, the three of you meet-up with Mr. Yugo which will completely protect the group from any further "GFY'ing" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a sign that we, as a collective, have made a decision to suck, replying over and over again to the crappiest posts, and letting strategy discussions sink and sink and sink. THIS IS BAD. STOP SUCKING.

[/ QUOTE ]

Resistance is futile.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be taking up a collection to get Citty laid. All those interested please send to Daliman on PP, name A michael ORourke. No more than $5 each please, though. RUsh street hooker is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please deduct from unpaid "RB's" on IrieStewie acc't. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Citanul, one of those red posts was mine. I've been having so much here at 2+2 STTF that I've started treating it like my living room. I'll stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I just get done apologizing, I go back to the forum, and see that the OT: Height of Irony post was bumped back up to first place by YOU, citanul. This is what you said about that specific post:

[ QUOTE ]

. OT: Height of Irony
This post sucks because: It's stuck in here with the rest of this crap. It sucks no more and no less than all the other SFB threads of this sort, which are normally tolerable, but the general level of crappitude around here makes this less fun

[/ QUOTE ]

And what high-content, on topic post did you contribute to the thread that warrented bumping it back up to the top?

[ QUOTE ]
looks like you can afford some good old school romancing now.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:24 PM

Ha, this was the funniest post that I have seen from you. Very Maddox-esque.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:24 PM

Probably a good point about bumping crappy threads. Frequently what happens is 1) noob asks dumb question or makes dumb statement, 2) guy says "hey, your question/statement is dumb", 3) noob says either "but it's not dumb because [bad reasons]" or "shut up [insert insults], and 4) everyone else on the forum replies to tell noob he's an idiot hoping he finally gets it.

Maybe we should drop out step 4?