Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 01:29 PM

Default JJ on PP 1/2, tricky board?

No reads on Villain here, just sat down at the table.

1. What are ur thoughts about the turn bet?
2. What are ur thoughts about the river bet?

The turn bet i still doubt about.

My thought by the river bet was that he would not have an Q or A so he prob. has an FD or pair of fives?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

This is where i doubted,
River: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 03-15-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Re: JJ on PP 1/2, tricky board?

[ QUOTE ]
My thought by the river bet was that he would not have an Q or A so he prob. has an FD or pair of fives?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great argument for checking to induce a bluff on the river. I would c/c there. Rest of the hand is good.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:42 PM

I am bet-folding both the turn and river here. If that was your plan I like it alot. You'll get good value from a lower pocket pair this way, and the flush draw will fold most rivers, but probably wouldn't have bluffed it anyway.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:34 PM

I'd check/call the river. I want to see a showdown with this hand, but I don't want to have to call a 3-bet to do it. A lot of these guys will play and call down with any ace and the flush draw just came in, so it's very possible this card helped him.

Of course, I'm playing horribly at the moment, so take that into account when you consider my advice.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:44 PM

Definitely bet the turn. People call with all sorts of crap on the flop. Don't give him credit for a hand until he makes you.

As for the river, yeah, this is a perfect spot to induce a bluff, or potentially to induce a "vaue bet" from a lower PP or something.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great argument for checking to induce a bluff on the river. I would c/c there. Rest of the hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:08 PM

I'm new to 6 max.
Turn bet is standard for me. River is tricky.
I would probably have checked it and made a crying call or folded it, depending on any reads if CO bets.

On a side note.
Read an interresting article where it said
"If on the river you have a hand that you would agonize over calling with if you check, you should usually bet." Dont know if this is good or bad advice yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Seems this falls into that category. But don't se a worse hand calling your bet, except maybe pockets.