Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2006, 12:12 AM

Default AQo in the BB.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Is the cap here spew?
Old 03-14-2006, 12:15 AM

Default Re: AQo in the BB.

any reads? if this is a "sorry, I dont have any reads" hand then please do say so (if only to avoid this sort of post by me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 03-14-2006, 12:18 AM

First hand at the table, even if it wasn't, I don't currently own Poker Tracker.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the cap here spew?

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally. MP3 is telling you that he has a made straight, a set, or aces up. We should probably call here, and re-eval on the turn. I would be prepared to c/f the turn based on the action.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:23 AM

no problemo. Actually the sort of reads we would like are more than just the bare stats but thats all irrelevant if its your first hand at table. So it would appear you are up against A2, A4, 35s or a set here but it could also be two idiots having a donkfest.

capping as opposed to calling is only 1SB in a big pot so I wouldnt call it a big spew....I like calling just so see if UTG+1 caps it as that will help with later streets.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the cap here spew?

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally. MP3 is telling you that he has a made straight, a set, or aces up. We should probably call here, and re-eval on the turn. I would be prepared to c/f the turn based on the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* I don't think I'm ever going to figure this stuff out. I spew when I should slow down, I slow down when I should hit the gas.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:52 AM

Grunch

Against unknowns, I'm folding to the reraise. I'm guessing one of them at least has 2 pair, and you very well may be facing a set. Catching an A or a Q on the turn may win you the hand, but it will often cause you to lose even more money.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:29 AM

You have to consider the pre-flop action, when putting players on hand ranges. Say you hold AA, and you are heads up with a villain where you got it capped pre-flop, and you both go nuts on a flop like 567 board, this is a pretty good indication that you are facing another big pair like QQ or KK. Usually when most players limp in and go crazy on a flop, I have some buzzers going off in my head like "set?" or "crappy 2 pair?" or "he limped in with AK or KK???!" or (based on some read) "nuts with TPNK", etc. This is where reads help a lot. I tend to play a bit more conservatively when first sitting down against unknowns. If it's easy to get it to showdown quickly, then head that way.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:39 AM

[grunch]
I think you may have a little equity 6 handed with AQo. It's a marginal raise I believe.
I'm checking that flop with the intention to raise depending how the action goes.
Yes I think that cap is spew. You could be up against a set.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:44 AM

I call the flop 3bet and probably c/f the turn unimproved. MP3 has better than TPGK, probably a set or 2 pair.