Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 08:24 PM

Default Too cold or too hot?

I was having this debate with a friend of mine the other day. Given the same temperature difference from what I would consider 'normal', I would much rather it be too cold than too hot. When you're cold, you can warm yourself fairly easily (sweater, exercise, etc)... but when you're hot, if you don't have A/C, you're just gonna stay hot. What do you think?

[edit] you don't have to compare extremes (i.e. 0 degree vs. 125 degree).... just imagine you're in a room and it's too hot/cold to be uncomfortable. Which situation would you rather be in? Also assume there's no readily available way to deal with it... there wouldn't be much point to the poll otherwise. If you could just turn the heater on, or the A/C on, you'd be in basically the same spot.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:26 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans, if you think about it.
Default Re: Too cold or too hot?

definitely cold.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:26 PM

It depends. I hate when I'm on the computer and my hands get absolutely freezing every time. However, I can't stand when you get all sweaty on the computer either. It's a toss up.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:29 PM

I think this poll works better if we assume you don't have a readily available way to deal with the problem.

too cold

its not close.

edited for:
[ QUOTE ]
I think this poll works better if we assume you don't have a readily available way to deal with the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case, the answer is obviously too hot. i think 130 degrees is a whole lot more comfortable than zero degrees.

[ QUOTE ]
When you're cold, you can warm yourself fairly easily (sweater, exercise, etc)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell this to the 50 guys I was working with today doing a foundation for a warehouse at a generation station in 25 degree (8 degree w/ wind chill) and snow flurries all day.

Warming up isn't "easy".
Old 01-06-2006, 08:30 PM

having blankets but no AC is unfair. agree with dustybottoms > assume you don't have a readily available way to deal with the problem.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:33 PM

Well, it's not 'easy'.. but at least it's doable. When it's really cold you can just pack on layers and layers of clothing and at least be somewhat comfortable. When it's really hot, there's not much you can do.

And yes, I'm assuming there's no readily available way to deal with the problem.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:35 PM

Sooga,

I think that dusty is saying that "layers and layers of clothing" is a readily available way to deal with the problem. That's your basic answer to being too cold, and the basic answer to being too hot is AC. Assume you don't have AC or lots of clothes.

You're naked and alone in the middle of the desert. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?

This sounds more interesting.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:38 PM

This poll doesn't even necessarily mean it has to be extremely hot or extremely cold.... just uncomfortably hot/cold will suffice. And in either case, with no readily available way to deal with it, I'd definitely rather be cold. Being hot melts my brain [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]