Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2006, 04:08 AM

Default ye olde 3 bet turn, check fold river on non scary board

UTG/CO 36/19, button 20/13. Am I crazy?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (17 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 19 BB
Old 03-12-2006, 05:00 AM

Default Re: ye olde 3 bet turn, check fold river on non scary board

I don't like your turn 3 bet, once the button cold calls and their both in what can you really be ahead of? Do they both have 99? When the 20/13 3 bets PF then calls 2 cold on turn how many hands can we put him on that doesn't have us beat AX of diamonds?
Old 03-12-2006, 05:09 AM

The numbers on CO and BT is that for a full 6-maxtable? I am going to assume that it it is.

After the flop action I am putting both UTG and button on overcards. BT:s most probably has AK,AQ,AJ,KQ, depending on his aggression numbers he could have a small-medium PP also,55-99. and depending on how much he has tried to isolate UTG he could have a AX type of hand also.
After the Turn, and I really like the threebet , UTG has hit his 8 or is making some crazy move with a FD or Ax hand. Buttons CC could mean that he has also hit his 8, A8, or that he is simply peeling with his big AK,AQ,AJ or KQs hand, which he besides fr
Old 03-12-2006, 06:24 AM

One of the best post titles I have ever seen. flop of course, preflop OK, turn I would just call the raise- I can't imagine that playes with those stats usually both have overcards, 99 or an eight here here-and your flop 3 bet presupposes that they do, correct?-utg raised the turn despite the extreme strength shown preflop here and button is a tag who is almost not chasing overs and the idiot end of an easily tied gutshot for two cold on the turn. Given how you played it, you have to fold that river
Old 03-12-2006, 06:33 AM

The numbers on CO and BT is that for a full 6-maxtable? I am going to assume that it it is.

After the flop action I am putting both UTG and button on overcards. BT:s most probably has AK,AQ,AJ,KQ, depending on his aggression numbers he could have a small-medium PP also,55-99. and depending on how much he has tried to isolate UTG he could have a AX type of hand also.
After the Turn, and I really like the threebet , UTG has hit his 8 or is making some crazy move with a FD or Ax hand. Buttons CC could mean that he has also hit his 8, A8, or that he is simply peeling with his big AK,AQ,AJ or KQs hand, which he besides from the KQs hand just barely have odds to peel to. 55 and 99 is also a possibility. 66-77 I think a guy with his stats would fold and 88 he would raise.

The river is ugly but you still have to bet this river. since you didnīt you simply have to call. UTG could be betting a whiffed FD or perhaps valuebetting his pair of 8:s. Buttons call is a little worrying though as it indicates he has a pair and the most likely hand he got is AK or KQ.
So the question is if the possibility is more than 5% that UTG is bluffing or betting his 8 and BT is calling with his A8 or a most unlikely 99.

I think it is...

My internet connection is F:ed up so thats why ,y other post looks like it does...
Old 03-12-2006, 05:17 PM

I actually sorta agree, I think betting is slightly better than checking and then having to think about overcalling. All 3 decisions are very close IMO probably closer than any other hand I can think of in recent memory. As it was I did indeed make the right move as UTG had A8s and button had AdKd as advertised.