Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2006, 02:46 PM

Default AK hits paired board then raises & A bluff attempt hand

<font color="green"> unknown at the time butseems kind of passive and seems to call draws w/o pots odds.</font>

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, So what does hero do? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-------------------------

<font color="green">I got the idea he seemed to be bluff betting flop alot - taking shots at me/others, so what do you think? 59/14/1.4 @ 88 hands.</font>

This hand shortly followed vs a different player.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Folding to a 3bet or turn bet/raise.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

Opinions?
Old 03-11-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Re: AK hits paired board then raises & A bluff attempt hand

Hand 1 I would be calling this down since he is unknown.

Hand 2: fold on the flop. Pick a better time to call this guy down if he is taking shots at you. I find it really satisfying calling down an uberdonker with bottom pair no kicker and winning, you aint even got this!!
Old 03-11-2006, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I would be calling this down since he is unknown.

Hand 2: fold on the flop. Pick a better time to call this guy down if he is taking shots at you. I find it really satisfying calling down an uberdonker with bottom pair no kicker and winning, you aint even got this!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold hand 1 against a passive opponent with little / no redraws.

Hand 2 is the equivalent of bottom pair no kicker except you have a greater chance to improve to a much stronger hand.

True
Old 03-11-2006, 03:45 PM

Hand 1. Call down.
Hand 2. Fold flop.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:46 PM

Hand 1: Against an unknown, I call down, expecting to lose. I'm not sure how the 2/4 plays, but at the 5/10 6-max games I'm getting used to, people love to represent trips when the board pairs. So I wouldn't be shocked to see A5o or something -- or even just KJ or two spades (though I wouldn't expect a loose-passive to raise with a draw here very often, if I trusted my read).

Hand 2: For better or worse, I make this particular play so rarely that it's hard for me to comment on it.

When I get donked into on the flop, I generally call or fold. A call from me could mean, say, a TPTK hand I'm planning to raise on the turn or river, or it could mean I'm peeling to see if Villain bets again, or it could mean I'm calling down. (If I raise the flop immediately, I'm generally doing it because of my read, and I generally have a good hand and expect to continue getting played back at or I have a good draw and plan to keep firing with it if just called.)

Anyway, though, your turn bet does seem like a logical follow-up to your flop raise. Maybe Villain will now give up with his 22 or something. Or maybe he'll call and you'll win UI versus his JT. (One problem you have though is that the other available gutshots are ahead of you, and firing on both big streets with K9o is an expensive adventure.)
Old 03-11-2006, 04:41 PM

Hand 1: I call down.

Hand 2: Fold flop. Pick him off when you have something.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:15 PM

Ok i folded hand 1 due to passive read, he didnt show and later turned out to be something like 60/5/.4 over about 60 hands. passive fish basically(".4's not passive with 60% VPIP" well he was so. yes.).

hand 2 he folded and i won the pot, he didnt try it again.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2 he folded and i won the pot, he didnt try it again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Say he calls the turn...
Anybody have success firing a third barrel? I almost always check behind on the river against pretty much everyone.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he didnt show and later turned out to be something like 60/5/.4 over about 60 hands. passive fish basically(".4's not passive with 60% VPIP" well he was so. yes.).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 0.4 is passive even with a 60 VP$IP.