Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2006, 04:02 AM

Default A7s UB 80/160

I'm in bed with my laptop and just intending to browse a lil 2+2 before bed but notice one of my favorite fish in the 80/160 who has been on a long hiatus (Olegus) so I play even though I'm tired and not thinking too clearly.

Anways quick summary of opponents:

Mp2 is Olegus, who is loose weird and random. My old history with him isn't consistent with his very passive play this evening. So far after after 200 hands I have him at 35/9/.5

CO (DaBeast00) is very lag and has been isolating Olegus a bunch and hates to fold (41/30/2)

BB is a tough 2+2-er who is about 18/12/2 full game. I've played with him a bunch on UB over the last few months and think hes pretty solid player overall but he hasn't played with me much under this relatively new name.

Ultimate Bet 80/160 Hold'em (7 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero...

If I continue, what is river plan?
Old 03-11-2006, 04:12 AM

Default Re: A7s UB 80/160

3 bet preflop, cap the turn.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet preflop, cap the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Mike,

I was just talking with Lee about this hand, I couldnt decide if I liked just calling the turn or capping it reevaluate on the river. I think there is good chance the solid in the BB has A X of clubs, but if he doesnt we are kinda in trouble. I think he would play something like flopped two pair faster on the flop, and he cant have a bare ace cause he called two cold on the flop. I do think there is a good chance the three bettor has a big ace and is hoping to get river check out of this.

So Im guess what Im asking is, do you think he is ahead enough of the time here to cap this turn? Im not sure I like a river bet even if he decides to 4 bet it. I wanna see a showdown and Im leaning towards just calling the turn, and likely just check calling the river if it doesnt get ugly. I could definitely be convinced the other way, so if you get time respond again. I think this is a great hand to talk about.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:20 AM

Well, this gets capped if your are behind (flopped set or str8) and doesn't get capped if you are ahead. I cap this bitch on the turn and then check the river. I really don't know if I can call two cold on the river though. Hell, I'm not sure how much I like continuing on the turn... I sure did hate seeing two players cold call two on the flop. Even if they are donkeys.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:24 AM

Steve, this has got to be a fastcap. So many other two pair type hands, and I dont think that our lag is slowing down with A/straight draw AK or A/flush draw. I say cap it up instantly.
-James
Old 03-11-2006, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this gets capped if your are behind (flopped set or str8) and doesn't get capped if you are ahead. I cap this bitch on the turn and then check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an important point and good line.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:56 PM

"I think this is a great hand to talk about."

agreed. i would lean towards putting the extra bet in in such a large pot. maybe facing two cold will make bb fold something like the other two pair thus giving up a 4 outer. i agree that's not the most likely hand for him to have or that he'll even fold it, but even if he has it some small percent of the time making him fold anything with outs is huge here.

now to go read what james said.

id be interested to know if anyone else thinks a 3 bet preflop is almost mandatory or is it too laggy.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:52 PM

Anyone dislike the idea of playing A-7 here to being with?

Sooted, I know.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:04 PM

good hand to post bro.

pf i think is a 3bet. you likely have the best hand, and you DONT want a solid player in there with you. a solid player would easily recognize as you did how often pf raiser is isolating to he'd lower his hand range in addition to the 8:1 immediate odds (assuming no limp reraise from fishy) he's getting...there's a bunch of hands you want him to fold and that he'd call for 1 sb here. so 3bet pf.

on the flop: standard given no pf 3bet. and this is one clear reason NOT to 3 bet preflop. you lose the ability to face the field with 2 cold...is that cost greater than the gain you get from having the bb fold?? if so then a call pf is best.

on the turn: there are too many draws, too many 2 pairs, and flat out too many ways that you are ahead here to not decide now to see a SD barring a crazy board &amp; action on the river. now call or cap becomes the question. any 4/9/club on the river forces your to virtually check fold. any A/7 gives you the virtual nuts (save to AA/88), any OTHER pairing of the board puts you in deep trouble (8/5)and any blank makes you want to call or bet for value. so 15 cards kill, 4 cards rule, 6 cards hurt, and 21 cards make it a SD type hand. so its 25:21 against you being in trouble on the river ASSUMING you're not behind now. if the chance you are behind now is even slightly greater than you think, putting in extra bets hurts...but if you are ahead even slightly more than you think, NOT putting in extra bets on this turn hurts just as bad. so in this type of spot, i want to get more $$$ in the pot given it was the fish who did the turn 3 betting. i cap the turn and check the bad rivers and bet the good ones.

Barron
Old 03-11-2006, 04:06 PM

I like playing A7s here. You have a LAP limping and a LAG raising. These are players that pay off nicely on later streets. You have a 3 or 4 way pot with a nice multi-way hand. You have reverse position (able to check-rz the PFR with no callers in btwn).

This seems like a very +EV situation.