Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 10:57 PM

Default Pacific 5/10 hand...JTs steal. How does it look?

I feel as though my limit game is fading a little bit. I recently reread SSH and am trying to get my head back into limit. I felt a little lost during this hand, especially when I capped the flop and he lead the turn. I didn't have any real reads on the villian, but the table was the typical Pacific table. Weak but there seemed to be some reckless play here and there. How would you play this?

I'm in CO w/ JTh.

Folded to me, I raise to $10, button and SB fold, BB calls.

Flop: Ac 5s Js
Villian bets, I raise, villian 3-bets, I cap, villian calls.

Turn: 7h
Villian bets, I call.

River: 10s
Villian bets, I call.

I guess I'm wondering if I should've folded the turn here. He did call the cap OOP, but his play didn't seem like an A to me. Wouldn't an A c/r the flop? Should I have raised the turn?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Pacific 5/10 hand...JTs steal. How does it look?

I think you got carried away.

Simply calling down immediately beginning on the flop is an option, but if you're not going to do that, then you should seriously consider dumping your hand on the turn.

BB's representing a lot of strength and probably has at least top pair, and even if you had five clean outs, you wouldn't have the odds to chase.

It could be a big draw like 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (so there is still some small chance you're ahead), but once Villain 3-bets the flop and then leads the turn despite your flop cap, I think you're nearly always behind and just don't have sufficient outs, on average.

Getting played back at on an ace-high flop after you raised preflop very often means bad news.