Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Flop Raise?

I played this hand a few days ago. I don't remember any of the reads I had. Should I have raised the flop, or even preflop?

Hero is UTG3 and dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
1 fold, UTG2 calls, Hero calls, fold, MP2 calls, 2 folds, button calls, SB calls, BB checks.
3 bb's so far

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, check, UTG2 bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.
5.5 BB's so far.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check, UTG2 bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.
10.5 bb's so far

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, UTG2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 calls, button folds, SB folds, UTG2 calls.
16 BB's.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Flop Raise?

Pre-flop:With this high only monster,I would not raise with 5 players behind me yet to call.High only hands do not play well in a short field.I would prefer to wait & hope for a flop with either 3 or 2 high cards before I get aggressive.

Flop:At this point,I would raise to try to get the back-door lows out,hoping to scoop with a high only hand.But I don't knoow whether this is correct or not.

Turn:UTG2 apparently has the best hand at the moment.I would raise anyway to put pressure on the lows.But this is even more likely to be incorrect than raising the flop.There are only 5 cards,the 8,7,5,4,& 2 of clubs,that give me a high winner & put the low out there,too.

Edit:Actually the other 3 A's also give me a high winner & put a possible low on board.