Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 03:48 AM

Default Should I report these guys?

I have an ethics question and since I don’t know what should I do, I decided to let the zoo decide (or Microbob if he chooses to comment, since I’m a huge fan of his posts).

Last night I was 4 tabling the STT’s in VC, when I was disconnected. I was still alive in all four when I got my connection back 10 minutes later, although I had less than 1 bb in 10+1 full, 4 bb’s in 10+1 6max, 5 bb’s in 15+1.5 full and 7 bb’s in 20+2 full.

I pushed the first hand of the 6-max 10+1 and as I watched the cards fall, I saw that one of the two remaining opponents had previously typed to the chat box:

“It’s your turn now”
“Hehehehe”

I assume that he wrote it to the other guy (apparently he did not realize that I had just reconnected) so they had probably made a deal about taking turns to steal my blinds. At least the CS of VC could easily check what they wrote to each other while I was disconnected (since i can't).

So now I’m kind of pissed (it clearly was not my day; I lost the 10+1 full since I had less than a blind and the 15+1.5 when I pushed AKs pf and lost to Aqo. I climbed back to 4000 chips in the 20+2, but finished 6th when I had 54s in the sb, flop T52r, turn 5, I push, villain calls with Ato and rivers a T).

I do understand that these guys would have gotten my blinds anyway since I was disconnected. But if they make a deal to take turns on my blinds, does that constitute collusion? And if so should I get some sort of compensation?

So am I being a dick if I report them? It’s only 11 usd. And after all those guys were kind of fishy so they and their kind have just paid our family’s next vacation to Greece.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Should I report these guys?

I think it is collusion, however I wouldn't bother reporting it. Fish like that make the poker world go round; do you think Barry Greenstein and Jen Harman would take turns stealing Doyle's BB if he was in the sh*tter?

Steve
Old 03-10-2006, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do understand that these guys would have gotten my blinds anyway since I was disconnected. But if they make a deal to take turns on my blinds, does that constitute collusion?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it is collusion. They can steal all your defenseless blinds if they want. They can play really fast so that they get as much as possible before you reconnect. But they crossed the line when they discussed it and agreed to further speed up the process by not playing out the hands against each other.

Will the site do anything? I doubt it. Do you want the fish punished for doing something minor that they may not even realize is wrong? IMO not really.

Prety sporting of the guy on your right if you think about it. He acts last 2/3 of the time including your all-important BB posting. That's a massive advantage.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an ethics question and since I don’t know what should I do, I decided to let the zoo decide (or Microbob if he chooses to comment, since I’m a huge fan of his posts).

Last night I was 4 tabling the STT’s in VC, when I was disconnected. I was still alive in all four when I got my connection back 10 minutes later, although I had less than 1 bb in 10+1 full, 4 bb’s in 10+1 6max, 5 bb’s in 15+1.5 full and 7 bb’s in 20+2 full.

I pushed the first hand of the 6-max 10+1 and as I watched the cards fall, I saw that one of the two remaining opponents had previously typed to the chat box:

“It’s your turn now”
“Hehehehe”

I assume that he wrote it to the other guy (apparently he did not realize that I had just reconnected) so they had probably made a deal about taking turns to steal my blinds. At least the CS of VC could easily check what they wrote to each other while I was disconnected (since i can't).

So now I’m kind of pissed (it clearly was not my day; I lost the 10+1 full since I had less than a blind and the 15+1.5 when I pushed AKs pf and lost to Aqo. I climbed back to 4000 chips in the 20+2, but finished 6th when I had 54s in the sb, flop T52r, turn 5, I push, villain calls with Ato and rivers a T).

I do understand that these guys would have gotten my blinds anyway since I was disconnected. But if they make a deal to take turns on my blinds, does that constitute collusion? And if so should I get some sort of compensation?

So am I being a dick if I report them? It’s only 11 usd. And after all those guys were kind of fishy so they and their kind have just paid our family’s next vacation to Greece.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not collusion, and you'd be a fool to worry about it. How do you know their intent? Do you know for a fact they were "taking turns?" So what if they were? It's not a big deal, get over it.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:02 AM

Yes, it's probably against the site's rules to talk about it, but consider:
-Them discussing it and making out a deal probably slowed things down and gave you more time to reconnect.
-I can't imagine a good player making such a deal. If I was in the game there is no way I would have voluntarily given half of your blinds to the other guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2006, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

“It’s your turn now”
“Hehehehe”

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not collusion, and you'd be a fool to worry about it. How do you know their intent? Do you know for a fact they were "taking turns?" So what if they were? It's not a big deal, get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I cannot be 100 % sure (it’s possible that the guy noticed that I had reconnected and said it to me). But anyways VC’s CS could easily figure it out, since these guys were prop. stupid enough to type something like “lets take turns on his blinds” and “ok”.

To be honest I don’t actually mind the part that they made the deal. The parts that piss me off are the:
a) “hehehee”
it would be my turn to say it if the site takes some measures.

b) The lost equity in the disconnection. Obviously this was the fault of my internet provider. Oh well, the sites software is so buggy that every time I play there is at least one opponent disconnected, so I suppose that i have regained the lost equity previously when someone else has disconnected (no deals though).
c) When I got reconnected the sites random number generator decided to give me 2 bad beats to finish of my equity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!1!ONEHUNDREDANDEL EVEN!!!!!!!!!!111111111!!! ITS RIGGED I TELL YOU RIGGED
Old 03-10-2006, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you want the fish punished for doing something minor that they may not even realize is wrong? IMO not really.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m pretty sure that they did not know that they did something wrong. So the only thing that pisses me off, is the fact that the guy was so openly happy (“hehehee”) about my misfortune. I guess if a fish only plays 3 stt’s / week, it’s a big deal when somebody disconnects in the bubble. Hell I even enjoy it myself, but If I were to type something into the chatbox it would be something like “xxx is very unlucky to get disconnected in the bubble”. To report him would at least swipe the smile of his face (well at least it would be possible, on the other hand the site might do nothing about it).

On the other hand, he was a fish so I could just let him enjoy the whole gambling experience without any harassment from the site, so that he continues to donate money to me.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:58 AM

You seemed to have eliminated the possibility that they weren't being serious, and the comment was made with a wink and a nudge. They'd both probably been raising fairly frequently to steal your blinds and take advantage of your misfortune, and were aware that the other was too. It's implicit collusion, but i don't see it as as serious as you seem to make it out to be.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:00 AM

That's it. You're just thinking of doing this out of spite. Let it go. You lost the tournaments becuase you got disconnected, not because they colluded.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:40 AM

I see nothing wrong with it at all.