Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Three hands that I think I screwed up

Hey ladies and gents, here is my first hand post. These three hands gave me trouble and I wasn't sure how to play them. I am saving the results for later if you want to see them.

I have no reads on my villains.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

I'm not really sure how to play underpairs like this. Did I play it bad?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (13 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

I think I overplayed this. What do you think?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Should I have folded the flop here? I'm not sure.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Three hands that I think I screwed up

Hand One looks good to me. Villain has shown no strength. I would say he was on a flush or str8 draw. No reason to bet the river, as the only hands that can call beat you.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:39 AM

:grunch:

Hand 1 looks fine to me. No strength shown by anybody.

Hand 2: Check call the flop, the check-call it down to the river. The pot is big enough, and I think you have the requisite 12% chance of taking this one down.

Hand 3: I know you are on SB, but I find playing hands like K7s create more problems than they are worth. I fold pre-flop.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:47 AM

Hand 2, I don't know.

Hand 3, looks like some flopped 2-pair, or playing aggressivley with a flush or str8 draw. With the club on the turn, you've got to see the river. I know it's a huge mistake to fold a possible winner, but after CO calls the river bet, I think it's a fold situation. CO can't be bluffing, someone's got a King or better, and I'm assuming you're outkicked against another King. If CO folded, I would call.

It also crossed my mind to check-raise the turn (hoping Villain doesn't 3bet), and lead the river no matter what falls (I would have to fold if raised).
Old 03-10-2006, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: Check call the flop, the check-call it down to the river. The pot is big enough, and I think you have the requisite 12% chance of taking this one down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks good for hand 2.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:51 AM

Hand 3 you can fold the river once you dont improve, I really doubt your good here as a overcaller. You can also probably bet the turn once you pick up the flush draw in case UTG+1 was raising the flop on a heart flush draw for a free card.

Hand 1 is good.

Not sure about Hand 2 but I probably play it the same
Old 03-10-2006, 01:08 AM

Hand 1:
I would just check the turn fearing a check-raise and call possible river bet, maybe inducing a bluff.

Hand 2:
I'd check-call the turn, because CO raised after a bet and call on flop, showing strength.

Hand 3:
I think you can fold savely on river here, unless you have reads that suggest otherwise (like CO being a calling station).
Old 03-10-2006, 01:10 AM

:grunch:

Hand 1: Preflop is marginal. Betting the turn is poor with so many Villains. It leads me to believe the turn is not so safe since usually they will be holding overs. It's a tricky hand where reads are important.
Hand 2: 4 clean outs on the flop, and 3 more sketchy ones. Probably want to check fold. Turn I bet/call the raise. River I got to lead to. Unless I'm three-bet on the turn. Then I check fold river.
Hand 3: Check the flop, if little action call. You have to lead that turn. Turn: anytime you have a pair and a FD you have a very strong draw. With the way you played the hand, I'm more inclined to fold on the river.

Edit: typo check/call the 2nd hand, you have sweet implied odds.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
:Betting the turn is poor with so many Villains

[/ QUOTE ]

There is only 1 villain on the turn in hand 1?
Old 03-10-2006, 01:15 AM

typo number two: betting the flop is marginal.