Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Party connection issue

I sent Party an email just now asking if they know what's causing this, but I figure I'd ask if anyone else is experiencing this too. Sorry if this has been asked before.

I typically play 6 tables at once, and in the last few days some (but not all) of my tables will disconnect at once, and I can play normally on the ones that aren't having problems. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I can throw up a screenshot if it doesn't. Basically, 4 of my tables will say "Trying to reconnect" or whatever the message is, and my other 2 tables are completely normal. It's happened maybe half a dozen times at least in the least few days.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Party connection issue

Yeah, it is CPU-related. Click Ctrl+Alt+delete. Go into processes, then rightclick on Partygaming.exe and set priority higher than normal. You have to do it each time after starting the client.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sent Party an email just now asking if they know what's causing this, but I figure I'd ask if anyone else is experiencing this too. Sorry if this has been asked before.

I typically play 6 tables at once, and in the last few days some (but not all) of my tables will disconnect at once, and I can play normally on the ones that aren't having problems. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I can throw up a screenshot if it doesn't. Basically, 4 of my tables will say "Trying to reconnect" or whatever the message is, and my other 2 tables are completely normal. It's happened maybe half a dozen times at least in the least few days.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get this same problem ever since the upgrade. I sent them an email and they just told me to reinstall the software. Sorry I can't be much other help than that.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get this same problem ever since the upgrade. I sent them an email and they just told me to reinstall the software. Sorry I can't be much other help than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I gave you the answer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. They can't fix it, you can.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it is CPU-related. Click Ctrl+Alt+delete. Go into processes, then rightclick on Partygaming.exe and set priority higher than normal. You have to do it each time after starting the client.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot! I'll try this out. Odd that it didn't happen right when they upgraded the software, it only started recently.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:12 AM

Seems like it started after the last small upgrade (this weekend or so). The CPU seems to have problem with keeping all processes running realtime when you multitable and use other programs at the same time (i.e. PA Hud), you can see this by watching CPU-load which is much higher than one week ago. Thus the Party Client thinks it disconnects. When it gets priority though, the CPU just puts the other non-critical processes on hold.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:31 AM

Arnifin,

Party also installs a second process, something like "DDHelp", that is listed as real time. I don't know if this is a connection process helper, or something along the lines of screen scraping/checking your HD kind of thing.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:27 AM

Having the same problem since the upgrade.

By chance, are you using PlayerView at the same time?? (I am, and I think that is part of the problem).

Adam
Old 03-10-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG THANK YOU!

This seems to have worked for me. Finally, Party is running like a smooth-oiled machine....

Adam
Old 03-10-2006, 04:53 PM

Here's Party's response. I'll try both this and what was suggested here (thanks again, by the way).

Dear Dylan ,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In order to resolve the issue you are facing, please follow these few steps:

I. Logout of PartyPoker.
II. Delete all temp files and cookies & clear History in the Internet Explorer:

a) Close all programs/windows and open Internet Explorer
b) Click on Tools on the menu bar
c) Click on Internet Options.
d) Click on "Delete Files". Check "Delete all offline content" option.
e) Click on "View Files". Click on "Edit" on the top and click on "Select All". Press the "Del" on the keyboard. Close this window. Also close the Settings window.
f) Click on the "Clear History" button. Click on "Yes" to confirm. Click "Ok" and close all the windows. Also close Internet Explorer.

III. Restart your computer and then double click on PartyPoker icon on the desktop.
IV. It will ask you for login name and Password. Just cancel the window and open a different table.

V. Click on seat open. You will find pop-up asking for your username and password.

VI. Fill in the details and click on login and the issue should be resolved.

However, if the issue persists, please contact our customer care service at one of the following numbers:

011-800-7789-7537 (toll free USA/Canada)
00-800-7789-7537 (toll free Europe)
00350-50509 (International charges apply).