Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 01:53 PM

Default Please comment on this hand

Warning, Miles, save yourself the agony and do not read this hand. Honest, you will thank me for it.

Reads: Last orbit MP2 hit a boat on the river from UTG with a 72. He bet it early and called a raise PF that was called by three other players. All players in the game have made plays like this and bet obviously loosing hands to the river.

I know I post some bone head hands here and it looks like I may never "get it" but I could sure use some post on this hand that could explain how to play this hand from the different positions. I would not have seen this hand played like this in my homegame.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

MP3 ($50.25)Preflop 40%
CO ($20.00)Preflop 36%
Button ($16.00)Preflop 75%
SB ($25.50)Preflop 60%
BB ($15.00)Preflop 43%
UTG ($30.25)Preflop 55%
UTG+1 ($19.50)Preflop 21%
MP1 ($14.00)Preflop 54%
MP2 ($37.50)Preflop 73%

Preflop:UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (26.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 42.00 BB.
Results in white below:<font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has Ts 8s (a straight, eight to queen.)
Button has Ah As (a pair of aces.)
UTG has Th Kd (a straight, nine to king.)
UTG+1 has 2d 2h (three of a kind, twos.)
UTG wins 41.00 BB.
</font>
Old 01-06-2006, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Please comment on this hand

sure you don't want that cake i offered?

everyone in this hand played pretty logically. 22 should have raised more. AA should have folded somewhere. T8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] should have found raises on the flop.

no one played nearly as badly as you have played in some of the hands you've posted.

so i don't get it. were you even in this hand? please tell me you were the guy who called down with AA.

much [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] buc,

-miles
Old 01-06-2006, 02:05 PM

UTG's flop call of 2 bets is borderline, although the action you describe may merit it... he would know he's probably going to make more than what's in the pot if he hits his straight.

UTG+1 should have 3-bet flop unless he's planning on c/r on turn.

Button needs to know how to get away from AA. Calling down is insane when two people who called the flop go nuts on turn. UTG+1 has a lot of boat-outs so waiting until river fine, and even calling 1 bet on river is fine. But I think when the UTG 3-bet gets back to UTG-1 on river tho I might let it go.

KO
Old 01-06-2006, 03:34 PM

Miles, You really need to get over this obsession you seem to have for me. You responded in only 4 min to this post. I wrote you a warning not to read OP because I knew that it would set you off. You might want to see someone about this need that you have for my attention. I have a life and really don't have the time to spend with you that you seem to require.

[ QUOTE ]
sure you don't want that cake i offered?

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles, I told you allready that my birthday was in September and that even on my birthday I did not want your cake and you were never going to blow out my candle.

[ QUOTE ]
everyone in this hand played pretty logically. 22 should have raised more. AA should have folded somewhere. T8 should have found raises on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the 22, and think that against logical players that may have been the right play. I may very well have under played it. Thank you for your advice. The problem was the other players played very illogicaly in the 25 previous hands.

[ QUOTE ]
no one played nearly as badly as you have played in some of the hands you've posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, I never thought that you would ever say that I am improving my play. I will accept your complement with a glad heart and somewhat swelling head. I am sure, thankgoodness, that it will never be as big as that seventies looking Afro. You really ought to get rid of that message in your fro and get a cake cutter and put it in there like they did in the 70's. I have digressed though.

[ QUOTE ]
so i don't get it. were you even in this hand? please tell me you were the guy who called down with AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Miles, I did not have the AA. Remember when you taught me to let go of AA. So it should be obvious that I have grown beyond you, that I don't need you any longer. I really hope that you can get over this unnatural attraction towards me. Just remember you have been kicked to the curb.

My best wishes,

-Buc
Old 01-06-2006, 03:40 PM

You could've found a couple more raises early with the 22, and I think you could've dropped it somewhere on the river when you didn't fill up and it was probably going to get capped again.