Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2006, 02:51 AM

Default Drunken salsa dancing trip report

Dinner: Smoked mackeral from a local Russian grocery store, boiled and then pan fried potatoes, red onions, salad with a few friends. Made a couple strong bloody mary's (1 part broth, 3 part v8, 2 part vodka, splash of worchester, pinch of celery salt, lime) while preparing the food. There really wasn't that much cooking outside of the potatoes. During dinner we all had a couple shots of Chopin and Grey Goose and pretty heavily buzzed.

Friends are heading over to salsa dancing class after dinner. I make fun of them for it but I'm too buzzed to care anymore and join them.

Salsa Dancing: Apparently Italian men are not only smooth with girls, but also with men as well. Dance instructor Tony smooth talked me into signing up for 6 months of salsa lessons. Greaaaaaat.

I was kind of dissapointed. Average girl was probably a 4 with a single 7 there. At the very least you "accidentally" feel 'em up, but like I said the selection's not looking very good

The dance step itself isn't very difficult. Even while drunk I managed to pick up the basic step and a couple moves.

Clubbing: We hit up a club downtown that had salsa night going on. Apparently men who can dance is a big female attraction. Amoeba (posts in NL forums) worked a solid 8 brunette but he had no follow through. Plus he's Asian which means an automatic -3 when trying to pick up white chicks. Seriously, it's a huge disadvantage. 15 minutes later the brunette's bf shows up and grinds with her on the dance floor to salsa music. -_-

I'm chobo so I sit it out (plus I had a few more drinks) but I see a lot of so-so guys mismatched hot women. Imba! Saw some #2's who were working the #7 chicks.

Got home, took another shot, typed this post, hit the sack.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Drunken salsa dancing trip report

I could see this being very good for you if you follow through with the lessons. But you should a been out on the dance floor working those new moves! Just push some of them 2's aside. This gets me wondering, what do chicks dig more, a real form of dance i.e. The Salsa, or hip hop moves (C-walk, harlem shake, etc) that you can use at a regular club?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:37 AM

Wow...WTF? 6 months of salsa? I really hope there are other dances in there, because the average user can probably nail the basic step and 4-5 moves in 2 meetings. Unless you guys get into like open-dancing and creating your own routine (which I strongly doubt is going to happen), it would get boring very fast.

Cardsharkk, I'm not even very good anymore, but just being confident that you can move better than 90% (more, maybe?) of guys is a good thing, whether it comes from ballroom dancing or hip-hop moves. Also, it's hard to look terrible dancing, no matter what Hitch says. Have fun, etc. Also, I don't think you'll be using ballroom moves at a club, but I doubt you'll be doing the c-walk or the harlem shake (WTF?) either.

Also, yeah, the guys who dance seem to be brutal while the girls who do it (well) seem to be hot. I swear to God, my ex's dance team at her college was the most awkward bunch of guys ever. However, they all have confidence, which if it hasn't been beaten into your brain enough, is a very good thing.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:58 AM

"My idea of fun isn't watching you Dirty Dancing with that Spaniard"