Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 09:35 PM

Default I\'ve never succeeded at a poker challenge, so...

Im gunna do another one to fail at [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RikaKazak 's thread in the zoo got me thinking about doing a poker challenge again, and ive always wanted to try the ADHOC, so I've decided thats what Im gunna do.

However, I wanna make it a little more interesting, so I wanted to see if there was any interest in doing it a little different. Say as a last longer type bet. Small buy in, and whoever stays awake the longest playing poker, wins the prize pool. I'd like to keep the entry fee pretty small, between $20-$50, becauase
1)That way anyone can do it regardless of their bankroll
2)Because in stuff like this there is pretty much no way to guard against cheating, so its all on the honor system, and with a small investment its less likely to turn someone over to the darkside
3)I really feel bad about my chances in such an event, and dont want to waste my money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I was thinking about doing it this weekend, or the start of next week. If there are people who are interested we can set up the day that works out the best. Either on a weekend so anyone can do it, or during the week if it just turns out its other fulltime players who dont wanna waste their weekend doing it.

So if you want in, post here, and if there is no interest, I'll still be doing the ADHOC, ill just go to bed after the 24hrs is up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll prolly start out at my normal play, but then move down to 5/10 or 3/6 as the hours wear on. I may even do some kind of "OIC challenge" type thing if I get really bored/tired. I cant remember the last time I even put in a 24hr week, so 24hrs of poker in one shot will prolly be rough. Im also donating 10% of whatever I win to charity, if other people take part in this and wanna do the same, great, if not, thats fine too. Also, if you wanna take part in the fun, but dont wanna do the challenge, you are more than welcome to pledge a matching donation.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:10 PM

Default Re: I\'ve never succeeded at a poker challenge, so...

finally found the perfect drug have you? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im gunna do another one to fail at [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RikaKazak 's thread in the zoo got me thinking about doing a poker challenge again, and ive always wanted to try the ADHOC, so I've decided thats what Im gunna do.

However, I wanna make it a little more interesting, so I wanted to see if there was any interest in doing it a little different. Say as a last longer type bet. Small buy in, and whoever stays awake the longest playing poker, wins the prize pool. I'd like to keep the entry fee pretty small, between $20-$50, becauase
1)That way anyone can do it regardless of their bankroll
2)Because in stuff like this there is pretty much no way to guard against cheating, so its all on the honor system, and with a small investment its less likely to turn someone over to the darkside
3)I really feel bad about my chances in such an event, and dont want to waste my money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I was thinking about doing it this weekend, or the start of next week. If there are people who are interested we can set up the day that works out the best. Either on a weekend so anyone can do it, or during the week if it just turns out its other fulltime players who dont wanna waste their weekend doing it.

So if you want in, post here, and if there is no interest, I'll still be doing the ADHOC, ill just go to bed after the 24hrs is up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll prolly start out at my normal play, but then move down to 5/10 or 3/6 as the hours wear on. I may even do some kind of "OIC challenge" type thing if I get really bored/tired. I cant remember the last time I even put in a 24hr week, so 24hrs of poker in one shot will prolly be rough. Im also donating 10% of whatever I win to charity, if other people take part in this and wanna do the same, great, if not, thats fine too. Also, if you wanna take part in the fun, but dont wanna do the challenge, you are more than welcome to pledge a matching donation.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd consider it if you do it next week
Old 03-08-2006, 04:05 PM

no one else besides potentially josh is interested? Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here! This challenge will make you a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus

just like me
Old 03-08-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one else besides potentially josh is interested? Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here! This challenge will make you a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus

just like me

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD material there Mr. Ventura.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:41 PM

I might be in for this. Pick a date/time you want to start and you will get more responses. (also spam the other forums)
Old 03-10-2006, 01:21 AM

If you make a no adderall, speed, etc. rule, I might be in, depending on the date.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:22 AM

If this was sometime the week after next I would be in.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:11 AM

If it is sometime between now and never, count me in!!
Old 03-10-2006, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

just like me

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to find a woman and...um...eat her?